MIDI Maestro iOS and Android App Software version 1.5.0 (MM Firmware 1.1.7)

Hello there fellow Maestros of MIDI!

We have released a new update that we just released for both iOS and Android, version 1.5.0, available for download in the App Store and Google Play Store (search for “Singular Sound MIDI Maestro”). Details below. Please comment below (nicely) if you see any additional bugs/issues.

Read more about this version in the MIDI Maestro Manual!

This version fixed some of the major issues as well as adding the expression pedal customization option when using the custom mode.

This update also removes all online components such as sharing and downloading commands and modes. This set of online features was causing a series of other bugs that were very hard to fix and were delaying releasing this version. We will be investigating how to add these features back without compromising stability.

Changelogs:

Android App

Android App 1.5.0 Changelog

• Added Expression Pedal Configuration
  • Removed all Online components (sharing and downloading commands and modes) for improved stability
  • Added notification that save was successful
  • Incomplete fields will be highlighted in red
  • Commands and Custom Modes can be deleted
  • Reworked the process for deleting a command from a button
  • Added a faster device scan timeout
  • Command Creation improvements:
    • When a command is created, it will be scrolled to in the commands list
    • When text is written in the search bar of the My Commands list and you click the Plus sign to create a command, the text in the search bar will autofill as the name for the new command
    • If command creation is started but then canceled the search bar will be retain its text, if the command is made, the search bar will be cleared
  • Commands and modes organized in alphabetical order

Bug Fixes

• A newly opened mode will always open for the first time on Page 1 on the app
  • The BeatBuddy Previous Part and Next Part commands were previously not sending on both Press and Release when creating a template of the BeatBuddy, this is fixed

iOS App

iOS App 1.5.0 Changelog

• Added Expression Pedal Configuration
  • Remove all Online components (sharing and downloading commands and modes) for improved stability
  • Added notification that save was successful
  • Incomplete fields will be highlighted in red
  • Commands and Custom Modes can be deleted
  • Reworked the process for deleting a command from a button
  • Added a faster device scan timeout
  • Command Creation improvements:
    • When a command is created, it will be scrolled to in the commands list
    • When text is written in the search bar of the My Commands list and you click the Plus sign to create a command, the text in the search bar will autofill as the name for the new command
    • If command creation is started but then canceled the search bar will be retain its text, if the command is made, the search bar will be cleared
  • Commands and modes organized in alphabetical order
  • Added quick field selection arrows when keyboard is open

Bug Fix

• A newly opened mode will always open for the first time on Page 1 on the app
5 Likes

Nice

But what if my device is broken or losing, all my settings are gone too ?
I cannot not backup all my customs ?

Unfortunately not but it is not working well previous to this version either, there are several bugs involved that can corrupt the downloaded commands

We hope to find a solution for this soon, thanks for the questions

Thanks for the update.
If I may suggest, just let us export custom modes to our own file systems. You can just create an online catalog for us to share them. Something like a DB with description, title, upload file etc.
Other companies like “Source Audio” successfully do that.

1 Like

Why did you remove the online sharing feature?
Would it not have been better to have fixed it instead?

How are we supposed back up our custom commands and modes now?
It takes hours to set the Midi Maestro up, and having it on my iOS or Android device as the only backup is not good enough since as you know we upgrade phones and tablet all the time.

Is there at least an import feature to capture what’s on Midi Maestro into my new tablet or phone somehow using the software? If so I am not aware of it.

Please advise.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I have the maestro setup in a guitar pedal board and i wasn’t able to get it to work like I thought, when I tried setting up in a pedal I have only one cc value to select so the increment and decrement isn’t making sense, also I have more than one pedal that I can adjust so it would be nice to be able to have more than 1 cc a sign so that I can select another device, is this something perhaps in the works or is there another way to go about this? Thanks

Remove all online components? Just for that alone, this is not a helpful update. SS needs to find some programmers to create apps that are complementary to a great product. At this point they feel amateur and take away from the product.

Why is the “Singular Sound MIDI Maestro” app not showing up in Apple Store search??
Just updated to iOS 16.1.1
Wondering if that has something to do with it??
Thanks.

I’m on 16.1.1 and it shows up for me. Just did a search for “Midi Maestro” and it was the first choice. :person_shrugging:

Thanks for response. I got it now. Too many thumbs and not enough fingers typing on keyboard.

1 Like

On the note of the expression pedal:

On the note of the online commands:

We are working on an update that will handle this once again, removing the download capabilities to make sure the app was stable without them was a choice we made to get the app as clean as possible before readding the online component

Thank you for your feedback

The app was shortly not available that day but we have fixed the issue thank you for reporting

Thank you all for your feedback!

Hi all I’ve been trying to update my MM to 1.5.0 with no success, has anyone else had this problem ?

1.5.0 is the software version of the app, the current firmware version of the MIDI Maestro unit is still 1.1.7

Thank You

1 Like