missing default songs - how can I reupload

Hi folks,
all my default-songs in my workspace are gone (my mistake), but the rest of the default-content and my own songs and drumsets are doing fine.
How can I import just the default-songs in my workspace and/or my SD-Card?

I tried to copy the songs (by copy and paste in the PC) from the backup-folder to my SD-Card (that worked) and then to import the songs by BB-Manager into my workspace (that didn’t work). If I try “import song” every song-folder in the backup is empty (it doesn’t contain any .sng-files, only .bbs-files).
What can I do?

First things first: do not use the computer operating system to perform functions that are best left to the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM).

I’m going to guess that you want to have your own songs and drum sets merged with a project that includes the default content. To do this,

• use the BBM to export each of the folders that you want in your merged project to a folder on your desktop (so that they’re easier to find)
  • once you’ve exported all of the folders with the songs, download and unzip Default BeatBuddy Content Update from https://library.mybeatbuddy.com/software-download/
  • assuming you have all of your custom drum sets as separate files; if you don’t, you will also need to use the BBM to Save Drumset As for each drum set to your desktop folder
  • erase the contents of your SD card (do not reformat the SD card); copy the contents of the download to your SD card
  • copy the firmware files to your SD card; put the card in your pedal and let it update the firmware; update the settings on your pedal
  • remove the SD card from the pedal and insert it in your computer
  • from the BBM, open the project on your SD card and follow the prompt to copy the project files to your computer workspace and then allow it to Synchronize Project to SD card
  • from BBM menu File > Import > Folder (do this for each folder you previously exported); save project
  • if applicable, do the same for your custom drum set
  • from BBM menu File > Synchronize Project

If everything goes without a hitch, you should now have a project saved on your computer’s bbworkspace as well as your SD card

Hey,
thank you for your quick response!
I’ve done everything including the point: “remove the SD card from the pedal and insert it in your computer”
(since I don’t have a SD-Card-Slot in my PC, I used the slot of my Notebook and made it a network-drive).
When it comes to: “from the BBM, open the project on your SD card and follow the prompt to copy the project files to your computer workspace and then allow it to Synchronize Project to SD card”, I can not follow you.
What project should I open? There is no project on the SD-Card. It is the SD-Card with only the contents of the download.

I then started a new project and if I remember right all new content loaded into the BB. That seemed to be right. But when I want to import my selfmade songs, they’re all gone, can that be? I try “File/import/song” in the BB-Manager, and it looks for .sng-files, but there are no .sng-files anywhere.

Are you available and willing to try a remote session?

Thank you for your offer. Bast night I rebuilt my 4 missing own songs. Fortunately I still had all the midi-files. After that I exported only the folder with the 4 songs to backup them. It seems that this is not enough. Additionally I have to klick on each song in the folder and export it too. Only then I have the .pbf-file AND the .sng-files.
If I have 40 songs, do I really have to klick on every single song, then “file”, then “export” and then “song”? There is no possibility to highlight all 40 songs and export them all? That means 160 klicks instead of 4! After that I won’t be able to play my guitar :wink:

Something is not going right with the folder export. Make sure you’re using the latest version of the BBM from https://library.mybeatbuddy.com/software-download/

When you highlight the folder by clicking on it (at the top level—not within the folder), and use BBM File > Export > Folder, it exports that folder along with all of the songs within that folder. When you reverse the process to import that same folder to BBM, it should have all of the same songs you exported. If you don’t change the name of the folder when you export it, it will probably append a (1) to the name as you import it.

As for the “from the BBM, open the project on your SD card and follow the prompt to copy the project files to your computer workspace and then allow it to Synchronize Project to SD card”, I can not follow you.
What project should I open? There is no project on the SD-Card. It is the SD-Card with only the contents of the download."
When you expand and copy the contents of the zipped file to your SD card, this is what’s displayed on the card
[ATTACH]6694[/ATTACH] the first file at the top is the project file (BeatBuddy_Default_Content-July_26_2016.bbp).

Thank you for your help.
In the world of drag-and-drop, copy-and-paste and windows with graphics, I think I was a bit confused by the BB-Manager-Software.