MM doesn't start / displays are blank

Hello,

received my MM last weekbut it doesn’t start. All displays are blank.

Is there a way to hard reset! Tryed mode button already but nothing changed

There should be instructions on the forum for installing or updating the firmware.

Try that and let us know if that helps. If it doesn’t, please contact support@singularsound.com

Hi Guys,
I am in the same boat here.
I have tried the various tips from other posts on the forum with no luck getting it to work. Pressing mode / Pairing buttons etc.
Any resolution to this here? I have emailed Support in the meantime.
Thanks

More detail would be helpful. Are you using the iOS or Android version?

What are the symptoms for example, does the pedal blue light flash?

As many details as you can provide would be helpful to include the links with tips that you tried.

Hi thanks for getting back.

App IOS

Turned on device after along time in the box.

The 6 lights above each button light up with no text just those little bars.

Tried pressing both bottom left and middle buttons together no result also tried the pair and mode buttons together and singlularily. Nothing.

Powering up just turns the 6 lights on.

At a loss for any further info.
Regards
Colm

Some thoughts to help you get going:

Two-step process

SOFTWARE

• Use an iPhone, not an iPad
  • Delete the MIDI Maestro app from your phone
  • Go to the App Store on your phone, search for, download and install Singular Sound MIDI Maestro
  • Check that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone—no need to pair the BT between your phone and pedal

HARDWARE

• Check that you are using the power adapter that came with your MM
  • Turn it on
  • Put the pedal in pairing mode following the instructions from the MM user manual
  • Is the pedal blue light flashing? If so, launch the MM app on your phone and select install firmware and then the default mode. Set the phone next to your pedal while it installs the firmware. If you cannot get the blue light flashing, it might mean your pedal is defective and you’ll need to discuss with Support.

Regardless, please let us know how it turns out.

ADDED: You can check out post 18/21 for a little more detail in the process: Updating MM firmware - #18 by morselodge

No joy with any of the above.

CS are sorting this out for me.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Watching, just in case……

This type of issue is often related to lack of power. If you are using the original power supply - powering only the MM, then it would be a good idea to try another power supply to rule that out.