NEW RELEASES at the Premium Content Library

I´m looking for a drum set from a Post rock midi files that i find out of BB… What do you drum set do you recomend me?

Voted for this idea.

Hi, I bought the songs but i don’t know how to download with the BB manager?It’s not .sng files?Why?

Each pack comes with a PDF on how to import the songs, They are packaged in a pbf file which is basically a folder - in the manager go to File > Import > Folder Then locate the file and open it.

Hope that helps.

Really interested in the kit and the cover song beats now that I’ve paired my BB to my VL3X. Is there a tutorial on how to install the kit and the beats to my BB? Also would I need a new smart card at some point for storage or can I delete and replace beats/kits with ones that are more useful to me?

Hi Psalm40, I have bought the song packs and some drum kits but I have only found 1 that contains the .pdf and .pbf file, how can my Mac not see these files and should I download again?

Thanks

Can anyone help me with a problem I’m having importing the pbf folders for the Cover songs. I can’t seem to import the songs after successfully importing the Ludwig kit. Keep getting a “wrong portable song format /skipping file” and then just stops? I bought all four volumes and can’t import any of them. Just keep getting the same message…

@cbrunton1 have you unpacked the zip archive? The manager software can’t look inside a compressed archive you will need to extract the files first.

@mayaman72 can you explain what you are doing? Are you going to File > Import > Folder? Can you supply a screen shot of the file you are trying to import?

Hi Guys, Yes I unzipped the file for the Ludwig, but when I open it I can only see the list of .drm files no .pbf. I followed the video you put on youtube but I do not get the 2 files you describe ( the .pdf and .pbf) just the midi files.

Thanks for responding I just had a really old version of the BBmanager. Out of curiosity I uninstalled it and got the newer version and opened the cover songs file without a hitch…

Yes thats what I’ve done and managed to get the songs on but still not seeing the file on the drum kit. Thanks for all the help guys. Couldn’t have got to here without you.

When your inside the BB Manager audition the different kits with your midi file (via the pull down menu) and then make it default. Recently picked up beats from GrooveMonkee and the Ludwig kit and have assigned alot of the songs I created (using the Hard Rock beats) to the Ludwig, not all though.

I have a question regarding the use of the cover songs. Will I need a new smart card if I want to add a bunch of those beats to what I have already on my BB?

No you will not. The beats themselves are really small in size. :slight_smile:

How do you export the songs to the Beatbuddy without losing the stock beats? Since it only allows one project at a time do I have to have everything uploaded into the BB Manager and then send it back to the pedal as one project?

Well, you would want to create a project based off of the content on your SD card first, by doing File > Open Project - and selecting the SD card’s drive. After you have done that and saved it to your computer, then you can modify your project however you like, and add beats/drumsets etc, and after all the changes you want have been made, you synchronize the project: File > Synchronize Project

. . . and you can create/save multiple projects on your computer. You can create multiple projects for various gigs or multiple bands etc. You just need to load the project you want for your performance onto the SD card when you need it available on the BB.

Correct, but this may be very inconvenient, as one project for each SD card. You can have something like 30,000 songs on one SD card, and each folder can have about 99 songs. You can have specific folders that contain the setlist for each gig. There’s no need to have multiple SD cards, unless you want them as backup.

I wasn’t thinking about having a bunch of SD cards so much as having projects tailored to specific gig needs. I’d load an SD card with what I needed for a gig before heading out. If I were playing with multiple bands or multiple genres, it’s too much to have every song and every drum kit at my fingertips at all times. I’d rather not have to scroll through all of that knowing that I only needed my reggae kits and songs or the stuff I used with band X for a gig.

For the limited styles I play (CCM and comping for a clarinet player), I’d rather not have to comb through a ton of stuff to get to the few beats/songs/kits I needed during the gig. Sure, I can set up a song list tailored to those needs and that would work really well as long as I stuck to the song list. If I wanted to make some changes on the fly, I’d rather not have to sort through stuff I know I don’t need.

Second that vote! :slight_smile:
As the library of available songs grows, people are not going to want to buy all of the available volumes just to get the few songs there are actually interested in. Just imagine having 6-10 volumes on the market, and each one has 1-2 songs you need. Expensive and frustrating…and in the end folks will stop buying new volumes when they hit there personal expense ceilings.
Instead, I agree it would be best to offer the songs as individual downloads. In order to prevent folks from buying too few songs to make it worth your trouble, here’s a business model that should work: request-driven covers!
In other words, on the site that lists the (individual) covers already available for purchase, have a “Request song(s)” button and let people enter songs. Their entries should then be screened behind the scenes (to eliminate typos and wrong names) and entered into a “Wish List” that could be posted right alongside the list of available songs. And every time a registered forum member “likes” a song request, a tally should automatically appear next to that requested song. This gives everyone - including the BB team - a very good idea of how much sales potential is behind what songs, and the songs could then be attacked in the order of most popular on down.
This model would also encourage users to keep coming back to the site - on their own, i.e. without the need for promotion(!) - to see if “their” song requests are proving popular or not. And whenever enough of the top requests have been produced and posted, a circular e-mail could allert folks to the next set of 10 or 20 new songs now available (thus ensuring that even non-forum folks will notice).
This could be a win-win for all concerned: Users get what they want (and less of what they don’t), and BB only puts work into songs that are actually going to sell well.