Now I know why the guy sold me his Beat Buddy!

As there are a few different versions of the manager software flying about, what version are you running and what firmware on the pedal.

I have had something similar when trying to import the free groove monkee pack, plays fine in the software but could not get the files to sync correctly - in the end I gave up as I did not find them useful.

However I suspect in this instance you are using the stock beats, if not try them, as a test you could move the folders around (in the software) and after syncing any changes should be reflected in your BB.

Have you watched my tutorial videos?

Hey Scott, the bottom line IMHO is that to get the most out of BeatBuddy and use it the way you want to, you are going to have to learn how to use a third party DAW and fully program your own MIDI files. I’ve had the flu lately so stuck on the couch and I took a full day to teach myself MIDI, how to use Reaper, and figure out how to do things like export from Guitar Pro 6, import the file into Reaper MIDI editor, edit it exactly how I want, then put it into BeatBuddy Manager and then the BB hardware.

Yes it’s a major hassle but I will tell you that I think it’s worth the time investment, especially if you want to use this pedal live. It will do that very well but you’ve got to put in a big amount of time upfront to learn MIDI programming and a DAW of your choice.

I use the BB for personal rehearsal of performance ready songs that I play with my band and again I do think the time I put in to get it up to speed is worth it for that purpose alone.

Got it !!! Removed the empty folder and put my set list at number 1 ( some

—All great ideas and appreciated…

Sorry, I’m a musician, not a techie and sure as hell not a computer science grad. Like Scott I’ve programmed synths, analog, digital and software based for a very long time. Beat Buddy may indeed be wonderful, but from my perspective it’s more like torture. I had it up and running for two gigs and half a dozen practices when my hard drive died, since then despite starting at square one nothing works. Their trying to help me, thanks, but it’s still not working.

I’m sure many users here would volunteer their knowledge as they’ve probably experience what you’ve experienced. But you’re going to have to help us out here by sharing the details with us of what’s wrong, for example, the symptoms, etc. If the “they” you’re referring to is Support, then there’s probably not much anybody can do for you.

Cool, off to Ebay it goes.