Outputs - L(Mono), R ....Something Doesn't Seem Right

@BeatBuddy_Support
@DavidPackouz

Hi guys, thanks for bringing this to our attention. The way this is supposed to work is, if only the left output is plugged in, both R and L output is sent out the left output. If both are plugged in, the stereo output should work as normal. If both inputs are used, then the R and L should be kept seperate if both outputs are used, or combined if just the L is plugged in.

We are investigating whether this is a software or a hardware issue and will keep you guys informed.

Thanks again for posting your findings!

David,

I can confirm that from day 1, when I developed the Hammond and Bass kit, the BB always kept the right and left side unsummed. I have 2 BB pedals, one with the old printing and one with the new, and it is the same on both pedals. I had believed that since the Singular kits were center panned, that the non-summing was a decision on your part that summing was unnecessary. But, if you are certain that summing was intended, then that would appear to be a flaw in all units.

Phil

1 Like

The drums aren’t panned center – I don’t think…

That could be. That was my impression owing to way the left and right outs worked. I only got pan when I programmed in it, by panning drums in varying degrees, and using both outputs.

A post was split to a new topic: How to use BASS/drums

Was this issue resolved in FW? Does L/Mono out now contain the entire stereo image in mono? Thanks

I believe it has not been resolved.

We have changed the behavior of stereo and mono in the firmware, it really depends what you mean by contain the entire stereo image in mono, do you mean recording and stereo by writing the recording to the Aeros in mono? Could you be more specific what you’re trying to achieve?

Thank you

Brennan,

The original question was regarding the BB handling of the L/R into a summed mono, not the Aeros. I do not believe you have made any improvements to the BB in this regard. Although given the topic, @KevinT may have been referring to the abilities of the Aeros.

Oh you’re right, I think someone made a mistake when placing it, I’ll put it in the correct place. To your point, I know that this is something we have already fixed in a tested version of the BB.

…that will be available, when?

Please.

And thanks!

:slight_smile:
Joe

Yes my question on L/mono having the stereo image was for BB. Good to know its coming.

I just wrote to Santa and said all I want for xmas is BB AP and a stereo image from L/mono.

Please make my wishes come true.

Cheers

We are working as quickly as we can on this front hope to have some news for you soon

We have hired some of Santas elves but they’ve unionized…

We’re looking for summed mono in the left output if it’s the only jack plugged in. I BELIEVE this used to work in early editions of the firmware, but others say no.

Anyway, this is an absolutely normal function.

:slight_smile:

We did not create a detection method, simply because it would become very complicated and we found it best to use a setting. The setting is to send audio out in mono or in stereo, the setting affects both the headphone out and the left and right outs of the BB.

I’d be good with that. When are we expecting this to drop?

I think, for me, I prefer that.

Means the behaviour is explicit. You don’t have to do the experiment to work out what’s happening.

If it is detectable though, there’s nothing wrong with feeding back that information visually in the UI.

We are still working actively on a strong autopilot release, more on this soon hopefully.

Am I missing something because my BB works fine on the L/Mono. But I’m not listening to it through a stereo setup either. It goes into a live mixing board on a single channel which is sent to left and right speakers, but it not panned in any way. But i don’t detect anything missing.