Please be honest - will Beatbuddy Manager ever get updated?

Does your projects work with “non-percussion instruments”? Like what is being done now for OPB songs and the like?

Thanks.

We should all be organising a GoFundMe or something to support @aashideacon . :+1:

Will try and do in the next day or 2 but have a tour in a couple of days so if I don’t get the chance I’ll do it when I get back. :+1:

I wait in exciting anticipation for the improved software to make the BB a pleasure to use. At the moment I’m considering dumping it!

I have been using the BBManager on Linux for about a year now. Never got any sound out of it. They told me “If you can work the software without sound then that is what you should do for the time being”. This is what I still do weekly managing a 161 songs repertoire. Love the pedal though. :slight_smile:

Making sure you all saw this:

Hi David,

Long time BeatBuddy user here… I started this thread a couple years ago to inquire about the status of the BB manager. I understand you ended up having to start from scratch, which sounds like a major hassle. Anyways, I just wanted to kindly ask, if you are able to share any updates regarding your progress? I’m excited to check it out!

Many thanks,
Michael M.

2 Likes

Following to see response

@DavidPackouz Notable by your silence. Speaks volumes and simply confirms my suspicions. You drummed up (pun intended) interest in your BB idea, got people like me to invest in it, got your company off the ground with an incomplete package that provided terrible, bug ridden software that was not fit for purpose. Then abandoned BB users in pursuit of your next money making idea, Aeros. And now you don’t even have sufficient respect for your BB users to keep them informed about where it is going. Nearly 10 years on and the BB software is still unfit for use. Yet you are still pushing BB in Facebook ads, luring unsuspecting new users into buying an incomplete product. Shame on you.

4 Likes

I’ve given up hope for a BBM update. My creating has dwindled and I’m considering getting rid of my 3…count em…3 Beatbuddys. I check in and see lots of excitement for new products on the forum and lots of disappointment for BB users. I no longer promote it or recommend it. It makes me sad.

2 Likes

Hi @Jim_Jacobson
Yeah it is a pitiful situation. SS are clearly on a mission to sell as much hardware as possible with no consideration to offering support to previous products. It angers me greatly that they have abandoned the users that got their company started. It is a sickening way to run a business. And what makes me even more mad is the constant barrage of SS ads on Facebook still pushing BB (as well as all their shiny new toys).
I have posted numerous times asking @DavidPackouz what is going on but he never even has the courtesy to reply.
All I can do is post warnings on any social media channels I can about the way that SS treat their customers. And believe me I do that at every opportunity.
I would sell my BB but to be honest I feel bad doing that. The software for it is such a pile of garbage.
So @DavidPackouz if you ever feel like making an appearance and actually telling us what is going on, rather than the usual " we still love you and we are working on it but we dont know what ‘It’ is and dont know when ‘it’ will arrive", please feel free to speak up.

3 Likes

Given the amount time that has lapsed from the last version of BBM, I would tend to think the original developer(s) that created that software likely has long parted ways with their relationship with SS and for someone new to pick up development of a fresh new version it may be a fairly challenging task, particularly if the record keeping and documentation for the BeatBuddy build is as organized as SS’s website(s) and rollouts of software/firmware (a game of search and find). What is the incentive for SS to create a new BBM? I would to tend believe sales of the BB (and their other gear) may be tapering off from a peak and I’m not so sure a new BBM would revitalize sales. You kinda needs sales to pay people like developers.
I’ve pretty much given up using BBM (clunky and non-intuitive) and just using the stock beats which are good enough for my use along with a Boss DR-01s and loading ToonTrack EZDrummer files into a Digitech looper pedal.

David did post an official response here:

I never go out of my way to disparage BB but I don’t promote it like I once did. I’d like to be able to promote it again.

That is not what I would call a response. It is a smokescreen, like all the other ‘responses’ @DavidPackouz has given.
The issue here is not Auto-Pilot. The thread is title ‘Will BBM ever get updated’. To ‘hide’ behind the ‘response’ of “auto-pilot was never in the original design” is just a sleight of hand to distract for the real issue and the real question. “Will BBM ever get updated”. Because as you well know, it is terrible. And just coming out saying something, sometime but we dont know what and we dont know when is not good enough after 10 years of waiting and tolerating the existing software. Software that isn’t even compliant with current operating system security installation requirements.
Auto-pilot is a feature request that many users would like and see as essential for their reliable use of the pedal when playing live. It is not the crux of the problem.
So please stop regurgitating the same old line about Auto-Pilot and show your user base some respect by telling us what to expect from BBM (if anything) and when (if ever).

3 Likes

There is some clarity I can give there:

There will not be an update to BBM1.0, we are building a new version 2 from scratch, we definitely have tried to fix the original version we have but it is not a path that is viable for us. A refresh with a better UI and interface seems like a better approach to us than trying to fix something that is very old and does not want to be fixed easily.

There is an open BBM beta based on BBM1.0 but that is not moving forward as much as we had hoped, much due to the complexity brought by the original app’s code.

Please ask support@singularsound.com for any more information on versions of the BeatBuddy manager we have that are not official that may have improvements

Like David says, all we can do is move forward.

1 Like

Well @BrennanSingularSound I appreciate you taking the time to at least respond. But to be frank with you, this is nothing more than what your boss said. Basically ‘something, sometime, we dont know what and we dont know when’. And yet you have found time to design, manufacture and release numerous new hardware devices whilst the users that supported the startup of your company are left in the dust.
Having ran a software company for 30 years before taking up music full time, i know that if your development is in any way structured, you should have some kind of a design plan (prototype?, even just slides?) and some form of outline timeline plan. No software developer that ever delivered anything in a managed way ever starting coding with no spec and no plan showing what was being delivered and when. Ever.
So that leads me to one of 3 possibilities

1. You have no clue what you are going to deliver and the developer is just winging it
  2. You have a plan but feel that, even after waiting for many years, the user base are not worthy of sharing it with
  3. You have no intention of delivering anything and this is all just marketing platitudes.

Whichever it is, you are treating BB users very badly.

4 Likes

No matter what the reason, they are not inspiring any us to buy (or promote) any more of their products.
Think about how many more Beatbuddy, Aeros, Maestro, etc… that could have been sold if we had any faith in their ability to evolve, stay current, or even provide satisfactory support.

3 Likes

I know I have seen mentioned in a few places ( I can’t remember who it was) but there is a member of the public working on his own software for BB. It sounded promising and I’m sure many wouldn’t mind throwing some $$ over to him to help develop it further.

I can’t remember who it was but sure I’ve seen it mentioned on these forums somewhere and on FB groups.

1 Like

If there was such a thing and a Fund Me was set up, I would support it for sure

2 Likes