please please please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys, I hope someone can help me with what I’m sure is a very easy fix. so I got my BB today, plugged it into my VL3 and it worked great. spent about an hour playing with it, then went and bought some of the song packs. I downloaded the BB manager software and connected the BB. I watched a few videos on youtube of how to work the software and managed to get all the songs up into the BB manager. I then tried importing some of the new song packs and the new Ludwig drum kit. When it came to saving it to the sd card I managed to wipe off all the content, so now I have nothing on the SD card I’m just getting the white screen with “NO SONG” on it. I’ve tried for the last 6 hours to download the SD Backup but cant seem to get it onto the SD card and get the pedal working again??? I’m not very computer savvy so I’m sorry if this seems a bit of a stupid question. I hope someone can help. I’m running windows 7, 64 bit that’s about all I know

Many thanks
Jonny

crisis over!!! after the 2343,34434 time of re-loading the SD Backup file onto the SD card its restored all of my original presets.

any advice on adding new content would be greatly appreciated, any you tube links of previous answers kicking about?

Do all updates to the project on your computer. When done, synchronize to the SD card.

Do all mods through the BBManager. If you try to use a file manager or another feature of your operating system, the BB won’t register the change.

Thanks for your help, I’ll do it like this from now on

Many thanks
Jonny

You might also go out and buy a couple of 2 GigaByte SD cards and “Back up” the original files on the Beat Buddy SD card. You can get them for about $11 or $12 Dollars at Walmart for 2 and they will work just fine. I have the original SD card and a copy of it tucked away for recovery purposes and then I also make a back-up copy of my changes as I go along and always leave a back-up copy of the previous changes so if anything goes wrong with the current card, I can always go back to the previous changes. Beat Buddy responds quicker to a grade 10 card but it is a minimal difference that it’s hardly noticeable.
Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.

Thanks for the tip dude, I think I’ll do that. My BB is coming on the road with me to the Dominican Republic next week so having a few spares is a great idea.

Many thanks
Jonny

Is it just a case of copying the files then pasting them on a new card?

NO NO NO - do not use the operating system’s file manager to manipulate BB files and folders. The BB has it’s own file management system so you must move songs, kits etc within BBManager. Make your master project on your computer then do a ‘Save As’ to put it on as many SD cards as you like.

So as not to mislead - if you copy a whole SD card to another SD card using your OS file manager, you might get away with it. You will be much happier, and the results will be more likely to work if you stick with the BBManager - once you figure out how it works.