Proposal to improve track-muting experience

I did think of it, and I still believe that I personally will be using mute a lot more often than overdub, and it’ll be annoying to double-click for muting. So, yes I would use RPM option.

Btw you didn’t respond to that:

So I assume that the plan is to actually disable overdub completely. However I think that actually makes sense:

• if the option to mute at the end of measure / loop is active, then single click just schedules muting at the end of measure / loop, while second click should logically mute immediately. Same for unmuting back.
  • if the option to mute at the end of measure / loop is not active, then, to avoid confusion, there is no such thing as double click: clicking however fast just mutes/unmutes.

Yes, the plan is to disable the overdub for RPM mode. The double click for immediate mute vs cued mute with one click is a good idea.

@DavidPackouz do you have any ETA for the RPM mode?

@dimonomid we are trying to include it with the ROP setting. We hope to have it out in the next 1-2 weeks (assuming we aren’t delayed by fixing critical bugs that are discovered)

2 Likes