PS/2 connector pinout

Hello. Can you please let me have a diagram or pin designation of the pinout for the Beatbuddy MIDI PS/2 female connector when looking at the front of the connector on the pedal? I’m making a microcontroller based MIDI interface to link my Boss GT-1.

I found this in a search for forum PS/2… DIY MIDI Cable

Hello and thanks for the reply…

I’ve read this thread and it’s not specific about the pinouts and the way they are viewed, either from the socket side or solder side…

I’d much prefer to get the information from yourselves as I know it will be correct…

Best regards,

Carl.

Google connector pin outs. Easy to find. How to connect in the previous link.
If you already have the P/S2 plug (male side) it should be numbered inside next to the pins.
ps2
midi

Thanks for your reply but I’ve seen the diagram on the link you sent and I know what numbers of pins are. I need to know what pins are midi in and out data as you look at the female socket on your pedal. The info on the internet doesn’t show me that…

Best regards,

Carl.

I’ve seen all of these links but none of them tell me the what the pins on the Beatbuddy pedal do… What does each pin on the female connector do, as you are looking at it?

Thanks,

Carl.

It’s pure logic as you look at the wiring of the midi calbe you can reverse engineer what the pins of the outside of the BB are. Looking at the outside of the BB the upper left is common ground, so ground for midi-in and midi-out. Upper right is unused. Middle pins (left and right) are midi-in. Bottom pins are midi-out.

Thanks for that. Now I know.

I’m not making a midi cable though… and the diagram doesn’t say if it’s solder side or not…

Thanks again,

Carl.

@Carlos1 does this help you out?

Oh that’s great… It confirms the Beatbuddy pins as you are looking at the connector… It would be nice if the 6 pin PS/2 pins were labelled to show which ones are ‘data’ and ‘5V’ for both the MIDI in and the MIDI out pins because that is still unclear… Thank you very much… Carl…

@Carlos1 See below. Let me know if this helps.

Ah that is brilliant!!! That’s exactly what I need… Thanks a million for this… Much appreciated…

1 Like

Hello again…
The PS/2 socket is pretty rubbish and the plug keeps coming out.
Can you recommend a lockable 6 pin panel mount connector that will fit in place in the case?
I can solder the wires no problem and drill a bigger hole if required, I just need advise on the the size that will fit.
Can you please help?
Thanks,
Carl.

Hello again…
The PS/2 socket is pretty rubbish and the plug keeps coming out.
Can you recommend a lockable 6 pin panel mount connector that will fit in place in the case?
I can solder the wires no problem and drill a bigger hole if required, I just need advice on the the size that will fit.
Can you please help?
Thanks,
Carl

I moved the new thread you created to the existing post of the same topic.

So, please do not post the same topic twice. I will delete your double-post (post #14—not this thread) Monday morning.

Thank you

Sorry, I’m not used to classifying the posts so I thought it was in the wrong one…

Any help on a replacement PS/2 connector please?

@Carlos1 Please email me at support@singularsound.com and I will send you a replacement breakout cable. It should not be coming out so easily, let’s see if a replacement will solve the issue.

Hey thanks for the reply… It’s not that I want a replacement but thanks… I want to replace the socket with a lockable one… Like those with a threaded locking ring. I just don’t know how much room there is in the case. Do you have any advice, say will a 16mm diameter socket fit? Thanks. Carl.