PS/2 connector pinout

@Carlos1 We can’t guarantee that any particular replacement socket will fit… You can try it at your own risk… Another solution is a little bit of tape to keep the cable from coming out. Not ideal but it might work.

Thanks for that… Can you just measure the space available please? mm x mm x mm.

Thanks, Carl…

Might be easier for you to open the pedal enclosure to see what you (or your technician) are going to be up against.

This video might give you an idea of how tight the space is https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dp-DVYEUiw

Well I can’t believe that a product manufacturer would refer me to a user’s video when I need help. Why not just send me a photo? Thanks.

I’m not the product manufacturer nor an employee of Singular Sound.

Good luck with your quest as it seems you may be breaking new ground that has not been addressed previously here on the forum.

Disclaimer: Not affiliated with Singular Sound

The PS/2 plug in my BB fits very snuggly and does take a reasonable effort to remove. I would take up BeatBuddy_Support on the offer of a replacement breakout cable to see if that improves the retention of the plug in the socket.
I looked for a ‘lockable’ style PS/2 socket and the few that I did find I believe would present much difficulty in retro-fitting into the area which the current socket resides in and have the wires underneath the socket.
I did do a search on PCB mounted PS/2 sockets and at a guess the mounting connection pins appear to have a ‘standard’ configuration for the hole layout that might be found on a PCB (check the location of the rectangle ‘key’ guide pin. I think what I saw they were mostly located to the top of the socket). I think if I were you, I would buy a few different PCB mount sockets of decent quality that could fit from a known manufacturer and simply replace the one in the BB. The board the socket mounts to appears it may be fairly easy to remove at least from the view in the image I took below. Solder wick and a low wattage iron should clean off the solder around copper solder pads to be able to remove the old socket. Use appropriate anti-static precautions while working if thought to be needed.
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk018FjJ2Dp9gUDsGaqh4nGrPl_ASRA:1596119032661&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=pcb+mount+ps2+socket&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj2x9fflvXqAhXbK80KHeFWCgcQsAR6BAgHEAE&biw=1611&bih=919
One other option if the MIDI cable resides somewhat permanently in the BB, could be drill and tap a hole for a machine screw adjacent to the socket. Fashion from a bendable piece of metal, a ‘double’ sort of ‘L’ bracket which would fasten to the BB case and be of a dimension to hold the plug in place. Not pretty and perhaps there might be a better way (Duck tape :rofl:), but would work .

Hey thanks for that. Just what I needed.

It looks difficult to replace with the PS/2 being on a circuit board.

I’ll buy one of those sockets with a locking ring, drill a new hole, remove the PCB mounted socket and rewire it.

Brilliant help thanks.

Carl.

You also might want to remove the cover on the one you have. Mine is one of the early BB units and I’m not sure if some of the component layout may have changed.

Hey thanks. I just did remove the cover and there’s room for it but taking the PS/2 off will be fun! Thanks again for your help. Carl…

Especially if the copper foil pad and track lifts from the PCB (I so hate when that happens)!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Good luck, have fun, and take some project pics along the way!!