Question about one-press songs

trio plus has full complete band songs I created on it , even adding my background vocals or harmonies to a few where a harmoizer fails to react well. . I do a solo act with it and people are blown away at the invisible band behind me. It just depends on your use of these items and what works for some does not for others. I am not saying BB is no good, it obviously has great use for many of you and its sounds yes are great . I like easy pezy and great sounds and adding as much as I can in a timely manner, not while playing live do I wish to have to tell a pedal to change, but just set it and forget it. Trying to eliminate gear , I already have sequencer. It is also why I do not purchase midi files but create my own also to make songs my own where I feel I can get away with it. While performing I cannot watch a pedal, I have to interact w crowd. I was just steered wrong by salespeople on what the BB does and was supposed to be easy and self contained for me. Happy it works for rest of youā€¦ lack of information was also troubling for meā€¦ more so where now a days you can find out how to on so many devices on net. Yes I can use its included sounds and kits and play its songs I purchased, yes easy, but not why I wanted it. I did not need just another drum pedal or midi sequencer. I was just misinformed. But I will keep trying and see if Things get easier as I use.

1 Like

As I said we all have different needs and there us redundancy in hardware and software today. I get the fact that you have more control on a song, live, but my older drum hardware allows that too as well as if I bring my laptop I can do this also using all the great software I have by just having them loop a section already set up prior, just activate the loop. The first trios did have issues and the plus version is a bit more detailed . Not sure what you had. I am going to keep trying BB out though now that I know what needs to be done. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Bwin,
Thank you for your encouraging message.
Iā€™m quite new with BB and also keen on learning to build songs with other instruments than drums.
But time is limited so I ask, would you care to share your best practices of what you say:
ā€˜but I am now able to add additional solo measures to the opb files, change keys, convert midi files to BB backing tracks, etcā€™
If I have a decent midi file of the song and I like to convert it to BB compatible:
What is your procedure to convert midi file using existent drumset or make new drumset?
What application you use to make all this happen (DAW etc.)
Thanks in advance.

PS. Or if you or some else reading this knows already good instructional messages in the forum, please let me know.

Thanksā€¦ thatā€™s what I was thinking it was. Not useful in live situations.