Sending midi notes from BB

Hello. Does Beat buddy sends midi notes so I can trigger sounds from external gear?

Yes! I don’t have my pedal handy, but if you look through the settings on the pedal, it’s all pretty obvious if you are familiar with midi. I have used it both ways. I can use the pedal to trigger outboard gear (spd-30, etc), and used Reaper (software) and my SPD-30 (hardware) to trigger the beat buddy!

Cool. Thank You for your reply:) I don’t have pedal yet but now I’m sure that I’m gonna buy it. I want to use it as a midi file player to trigger sounds in my Ableton live drum rack.

There are limitations to use it as a file player. Mainly, you can only play one track. Also, there is a 500 note limit to the parts, but this is being lifted in the next release. (It’s mainly designed to loop parts, so unless you are playing really long loops, the 500 note limit isn’t an issue)

Go ahead and download the Beatbuddy Manager. It has a pedal emulator, so you can go ahead and create songs, preview songs, etc.

http://mybeatbuddy.com/downloads/

Get the manager, as well as the docs, and check it out!

I did that already. I have been playing around BB manager and it’s really cool. I just want to use the sounds in my Ableton live rack, than sounds in beat buddy. I have more control to the sound in my software rather then sounds in beat buddy. I’m gonna create midi loops pretty the same(in length) as they are in pedal software. Two or four bar loops and one bar fills.

I have just got a message from Beat Buddy support:

"Yes, it can. You just need the latest firmware. Instructions on how to upgrade are included below.
I’ve attached the latest firmware version 1.77, which is our latest version. Download the file, unzip it, and take the c
Yes, it can. You just need the latest firmware. Instructions on how to upgrade are included below.
I’ve attached the latest firmware version 1.77, which is our latest version. Download the file, unzip it, and take the content of the folder (about 5 items) and place them on the root folder of your SD card (the first window you see when opening up the SD card drive on your computer). If when transferring the files to your SD card a window pops up and prompts you to skip or replace certain files with identical names, click ‘replace’. After the files are on your SD card, insert the SD card into your unplugged unit. Once the SD card is in, power it on, and let the firmware upgrade take place (~20-30 seconds).
We added a feature to this version of the firmware, in which the visual metronome is active even when the song is not playing. It is enabled by default. If you prefer to disable this feature when the song is in ‘stopped’ mode, then just go into the settings (press the ‘tempo’ and ‘drumset’ knobs down at the same time) and select this option:
Main Pedal > Visual Metronome > Playing Only"