Software crashing after editing songs 1.32

I’ve had this happen consistently enough that maybe it’s a sign of a software glitch, not my computer.
I’ve been editing songs in my playlist by removing intros and outros, and after removing them I save the file then hit play. In every instance when I hit play, the software crashes.
However, if I don’t hit play, rather if I move around to other songs and then come back to the last one I edited and then hit play, the software doesn’t crash

Anyone experienced the same thing?
I’m running it under Windows 7 Home Premium edition

thanks

This has been reported to us in the past. It’s more likely a bug in the software than a bug in your computer. You certainly figured out the immediate solution until that bug gets fixed. Do you have the latest version of the software?

thanks I have 1.3.2

The latest is 1.3.3 you will probably find that this bug was fixed.
http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/beatbuddy-manager-version-1-33.1524/

yes just saw it and downloaded it
looks good
thx

Greetings!
Having the same problem here…

Software version 1.6.4.1
Edit the midi file of a song (the bridge) in reason (same way I did with verse and chorus…)
But once I import it back in the BBM even tho verse and chorus can be edited with no problems, the program crashes when I hit EDIT to make some adjustments…

Fun fact (actually frustrating fact) in 2 occasions, I could open the editing window, but it crashed when I clicked on Quantize (first time) and crashed just 2 seconds after opening it (second time).

P.S. Tho the edit is out of question, I can play the loop normally and use the BBM like always do with this song, I can edit whatever I want, BUT not the bridge.
Also tried creating a new fresh file for the bridge…nothing.

This is the error I get…can’t really understand what that means.
I did the same thing I did with tens of other songs…

Process: BBManager [8521]
Path: /Users/USER/Desktop/*/BBManager.app/Contents/MacOS/BBManager
Identifier: com.mybeatbuddy.BBManager
Version: 1.6.4 (1.6.4.0)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [161]
Responsible: BBManager [8521]
User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2017-06-28 23:56:11.080 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F1911)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: A7FA3054-A344-92EA-DF04-831161EF9005

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
abort() called
*** error for object 0x7fc2b89ac690: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

Any help?Anyone?

I’d really appreciate it.

Thank you very much and have a great day.

(I attached the midi file that’s causing troubles…hope it helps)

I’m able to reproduce your issue. It crashes when trying to open the BBM MIDI Editor.

Can you provide the MIDI source file for the bridge? I’d like to look at the two MIDI tracks separately.

Thanks.

No, thank YOU :slight_smile:
The midi file I sent you is actually the only one I have…or maybe I’m not sure about what you are asking.
Here’s what I’ve done.

Open waltz beat > modified it > exported the midi > open the modified file with Reason > doubled the lenght of the file by copy/pasting to quickly have a longer pattern to work with in the BBM > exported from Reason to Midi Source > assigned the new midi file to BRIDGE.

I did the same with verse and chorus, but no problems in there…this is really puzzling me!

I was able to complete the bridge by finishing it in reason, since by some misteryous magic, BB is able to play it…so I can use it…but not edit it.

Also…weird thing…the BB site is down, but can access this thread via clicking on the link that’s in the mail notifying your answer…

Site and forum 2 different things maybe?

The Main Site is down for maintenance.

Your bridge is drums only, right? If so, I think I know what’s going on. I’m away from my desk now but will dive deeper into it (I’ve got a clue about what it could be) and will get back to you later today.

No no Sir, every part has bass as well.
But I’m very curious about what you found out! :slight_smile:

Okay. I reverse-engineered your Evader Bridge.mid file and then broke it down to separate bass and drum MIDI tracks. I’m returning it to you so you can see what I did.

• test.mid is the bass and drums joined and exported from Logic Pro X; it’s ready to import and does not crash BBM when opening the MIDI Editor
  • also included are a separate bass track MIDI file, drums track MIDI file and the MIDI file containing the bass and drums in two tracks

Couldn’t tell if you used an NP or non-NP kit. The .sng file I included was done with a non-NP kit as the bass note offs don’t sound correctly in an NP kit (lots of reverb and the bass notes get stuck). If this doesn’t make sense to you, don’t worry about it.

Now. What went wrong? I don’t know the exact cause but I suspect that somehow your EVADER BRIDGE.mid file was corrupted when you were working on it or during the export or save steps. Since I don’t know how you processed the file using Reason, that’s about the only thing I could come up with. I’ve included two screen shots to give you an idea of how I work up something in a DAW for the BBM: I edit the bass and drum tracks separately and then join them to export as a single track. In the screen shots, I noticed (but did not correct) the empty space at the end of each track. You might want to trim the blank space at the end of a track so you have smooth transitions between song sections.

Keep making music for the BBM . . . .

Persist you’re an angel!
Thank you very much for taking the time man, really appreciate it!
I’ll try it out imediately and let you know if everything is ok!
:slight_smile:

I tested it, it doesn’t crash, but what happens when I enter the edit is very weird…i made a video to show you, how do I upload it in here?..it’s too big (that’s what she said)

By the way, the following link contains the original song, the part we’re trying to fix it’s at 2:35
so if you want you can hear what it should sound like.

Oh! one last thing, I don’t really see that blank part you mentioned, when I play the loop it goes nice and smooth.

Ohhhh! And one last last thing…I used a simple Rock with bass kit…

Again thank you for looking into this :slight_smile: