Solo artist: Beat Buddy fall short!

Currently, I have been using PSuperbassG & DR110 which I downloaded off the forum. But it all sounds like the Standard drum beat already on BB. Additionally, I listened to JoeinOttawa, but I am still looking for something less boomy and without any effects. Example: https://youtu.be/VDbbB1hHpU0 One of Those Days by Eilen Jewell

Thank you

What are you using for a sound system with the BB and if it has EQ will that help reduce some of the ā€˜boomienessā€™?
I do kind of know what you mean, some of the drum kits are too much in your face and sometimes seem too prominent for some kinds of music.

Hi Phil

What do you use?

Reagards a new Beatbuddy user - Lasse

Depending upon the situation, I either use a pair of Roland Kc-350 keyboard amps, or I use my Bose Lm-1 tower system. Itā€™s sometimes easier to just grab the two Rolands. But, the Bose overall has better sound in the average small room. If itā€™s a bigger venue where amps would get micā€™d, I use the 2 Rolands.

Hi Joe. I wanted to ask if there are any helpful videos for using Reaper in combination with BB. For example importing midi files into Reaper editing them and then saving as SNG file and then importing into BB. Iā€™m really green at this. I have tried editing songs supplied by forum users in BB Editor but have little to not very much luck with a final product. Quantizing is asked when you open songs for editing and most of the times after saving the song is a mess. A step by step video would maybe be helpful for me and others. Ok thanks Joe

1 Like

There are a couple here on the forum, depending on what your question is. Search for Reaper using the search, and a few options come up. And, as always the community is here to help.