Some Basic Questions

As an ex-Ipad owner,(I-dead) … options are indeed needed … one more vote 4 alternatives :wink:

How do you drag firmware updates onto your old SD card ? They just won’t stick?
Jeremy

Make sure your SD card is not locked by moving the shutter on the side of the card to the unlocked position.

Thanks - done that, but still can’t drag the 5 firmware items onto the card

Try to select the 5 files, use your computer operating system key combination to copy the files (CMD C) and then paste them within the top level of your SD card (CMD V). If that still does not work, try a new or different SD card.

When i connected the Beatbuddy to my mac mini via usb, the SD-Card appeared on the desktop. But I couldnt drag the files onto it, they didnt stick. The I removed the SD-Card from the Beatbuddy and put into the Card-Slot of a Macbook - this worked.
I dont know why. Is the card formatted in a special way? I remember in earlier days i had to use an ntfs-Pugin, before i was able to write on those cards. With the mini it is possible to transfer data from the BB Manager to the card while being inserted in the Beatbuddy.

[LIST=1]
[]Recommend not using the USB cable—use the slot reader instead.
[
]The SD card should be formatted to MS DOS FAT 32.
[]Should be able to do so but again NOT recommended to connect the pedal via USB cable.
[
]What Mac OS version are you using on the Mac Mini?
[/LIST]
If you don’t have a slot reader on your Mac Mini, you can try some different methods:
[LIST]
[]Make sure the card is not locked.
[
]Verify the card format using either Get Info or Disk Utility. If it’s not FAT 32, format it.
[]With the SD card connected or inserted, make sure you’ve emptied the trash.
[
]Drag the 5 f/w files and hold them over the SD card icon until it springs open and then release them over the card.
[]If this doesn’t work, put the 5 f/w files in a folder and drag the folder to the SD card. If it works, drag the files out of the folder and to the top level of the card.
[
]Try a new card with your Mac Mini.
[/LIST]
If none of these work, please provide a screen shot of the Get Info display for your SD card.