Thoughts on BB (after only a few days)

i bought the beat buddy for me and i use it as i want it for me. Actually, i have used it a lot and i’ve used it for gigs and like most gigs people just want to have a good time with the music and the people couldn’t care less about how it sounds as long as it sounds solid and got a good thump to it. Most people wouldn’t know the difference, however, if one is going to get into the guts of this thing and try to make it sound like a real live drummer, then i’d say one is about to be let down some. Enjoy the thing for what it was built for, otherwise, hire a good drummer. Sorry but that’s how i feel. I love my BB just like it is. I use BB manager when i can and if i need to. I use it to organize my set list and it works lovely enough for my taste. My audiences have never once come to me and said by the way, your Tom or you Snare or whatever is too loud or too low. They just want to enjoy the music. Perfect comes from sound engineers in music recording studios and the BB just don’t fit that bill because it’s not perfect. Have fun with it and manipulate the cxxxp out of the BB manager if you have the time.

7 Likes

Ivebeen saying that all along. Too many users are making this way more complicated than it has to be. Just get a solid thump and let the audience take care of the rest. I use mi e that way and everyone so far has enjoyed it and ive gotten 1000’s of comiments from it. Like you said most people dont know anyhow. Enjoy it i know i do.

2 Likes