Three part songs

I’m wondering how the multi (more than 2) part songs are done from the pedal. I see from the manual that one can arbitrarily change to parts using the CC-113 [Value] to switch between parts {1,2,3}. It seems that a long press on the BeatBuddy will initiate a transition. Does this always go from 1–>2–>3–>1–>2–>3 etc?

How can one use the pedal to arbitrarily switch parts e.g. 1–>2–>1–>2–>3–>2–>3–>1 etc. Is midi the only way to do this?

Thanks!

Without MIDI control, you can’t. What you have to do (and what I do) is stack the parts in order in the song. So a song with two verses, two choruses, a solo, and a bridge lead-in to the solo might look like:

• Intro
  • Verse
  • Chorus
  • Verse
  • Chorus
  • Bridge
  • Solo
  • Chorus
  • Outro

yes, i concur with @JoeInOttawa…here’s what i’ve done mapping song part to a Morningstar MC6 MKll midi foot controller…i can’t wait for the Mid Maestro so i decided to buy this unit all the way from Singapore and i am a happy camper since!

Love mine for what it can do, but it’s too small for my fat feet to operate reliably and too big to fit on my pedalboard :slight_smile: