Upright bass player help looper

my upright bass sound in looper is strange this is new electronic to me is there any double bass players out how do i get started i miss playing with my piano man …how doi get an upright bass kit i guss i am to old school.
mr c

Hi there, could you shed some light on how you’re recording it? Do you have a pickup on the bass? What type of output jack does that use?

Thanks!

i have double bass pickups two…sound is not what i thought anyway it is acoustic anyway on
stage my amp sound deeper…i have a quick question how do i know that AEROS LOOPER IS RECODING DRUMS ??? SHOULD I HEAR IT IN playback ??? when beatbuddy is off/// just asking
young man …peace mr.c

Hey again,

I may be misunderstanding,

Are you recording the BeatBuddy L/R outputs into the Aeros? We don’t usually suggest doing this, just keep the BeatBuddy separate and play it on it’s own channel in your mixer or to a PA, no need to record it to the Aeros.

The Beatbuddy does not record MIDI to the Aeros, the Aeros only records sound. The MIDI connection between the Beatbuddy and the Aeros is only meant to keep them synchronized in time, nothing will be recorded through the MIDI cable.

The reason your Bass sounds different is because the Bass amp is adding "color’ to the sound and is also resonating in the room, recording directly into the Aeros and hearing from the Aeros won’t sound the same. Make sure you are sending the bass into the Aeros and then connecting the outputs of the Aeros to your speaker, it shouldn’t change the sound, let me know if you are having issues with this setup.

thank you young man

No problem! Let me know if I can be of further assistance!

130am stop synicing beat buddy and aeros …cant chang tempo on aeros loop MIDI SYC
OFF on screen what happned any idea had to get of stage…ha.

Hey there, I’m so sorry you had that experience, question, was there a mismatch of tempos? The Aeros and BB currently cannot be desynced and the Aeros cannot change tempos once it has been recorded to. So, if the Aeros song is saved at 120 BPM, and the BB is on any other BPM, this will cause serious bugs and the MIDI sync may not work correctly, can you confirm this wasn’t the case? Also, maybe try resetting the BB MIDI settings, it could be something was changed that caused this. Was the Aeros working fine before this? Also, what version are you on? Any info here is very helpful, thank you!

i am ok now i had to order another sync cable i had bent pins in side,all is well…thank you young man …

1 Like

You’re welcome