volume pedal tied to tempo

In a perfect world, I’d love to see the ability to attach a volume pedal, which could be used as a tempo control.

Upon the start of a song, the song’s default tempo would be used, with the volume pedal’s current position being tied to that tempo.

If you started a song out with pedal fully down, the song’s default tempo would be used as the default and maximum tempo for the song. Pressing back on the pedal would slow the tempo down.

If you started a song out with the pedal fully up, that would be the default and minimum tempo for the song. Pushing down on the pedal would speed the temp up.

If you started a song out with the volume pedal set to halfway, pushing down on the pedal (‘giving it the gas!’) would speed up the tempo, and “hitting the brakes” on the pedal would slow the tempo down.

There might need to be a “sensitivity” control in the firmware to allow for setting the overall amount of tempo change applied.

This is a really nice suggestion.
However, I am not sure when this can be done in the current firmware.

Nice feature to have in the future, thanks for the suggestion!

Hey kittycatonline. I like your idea and suggestion, especially about tempo options at the different foot pedal positions.

BeatBuddy user MikeTranch assembled and documented a VERY nice foot pedal controlled tempo capability: http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/midi-synchronize.1871/#post-7868

Also refer to the link MikeTranch embedded for his demo as well as the build instructions . . . of course it’s more than just a food pedal however, it just goes to show that there are other creative and visionary folks like you and Singular Sound out there.

Regards,

persist