WARNING... Library Disappearing Act

I don’t know how many people out there are creating many of their own songs, but I’m a worship leader with no live drummer on my team, so I use the BeatBuddy weekly and custom create all my own songs. I had what seemed to be a random issue occur approximately 4 times over the course of 2-3 years before tech support helped me figure out what was causing it. I thought I’d share it here, in case it has happened to others, or to prevent it from ever happening.

If you create a song, DO NOT USE A PERIOD IN THE TITLES of songs or folders. I was occasionally titling a folder “Oct. 5 Worship Set” and the use of the period in abbreviating October was clearing my entire Library. It wouldn’t happen until I closed the BBManager. So the next time I’d open the program to do some more work, the entire Library (I mean absolutely everything!) would be gone. It was a hassle getting it back each time, because I would inevitably forget how between each occurrence. Thankfully, this was finally figured out about a year ago, and I have not had the issue since!

2 Likes

Lots of solutions and answers to user issues and questions have been posted here on the forum. Naming songs with a period in the title as well as using some special characters in naming has caused users to appear to lose their projects. The good news is that it can usually be recovered.

The lesson you learned bears repeating: until Singular Sound fixes this bug, users should not name songs, folders or drum sets with a period e.g., Mrs. Robinson; they should not try to use a period in numbering songs or folders such as 1. 02. 10. and etc. If you really feel the need to number your songs or folders, use 01 02 03 etc

If you find that you accidentally named a song with a period, you can make the recovery process much easier by NOT exporting or synchronizing your project to your SD card.