WHERE is my SD card???

Full details are in the following old thread.
http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?threads/mac-hang-on-startup-bb-pedal-not-detected-in-finder.1539/#post-9763

However the issue is that the Mac does not have the correct drivers for the BB but windows has generic ones which work fine.
However most uses including myself (using Windows) prefer to update the SD card directly rather than using the BB.

Hi Psalm, don’t mean to hijack this thread but given I opened the post you’re referring to - based on BB Support’s direct response - and the amount of testing I did, it was never my impression the Mac issue is related to usb drivers. But perhaps I missed the point?

BB Support’s response at that time, “The issue is not on your computer’s end, nor does this indicate that your unit is defective in some way. This is a general issue that has been brought to our attention, and we are looking into why this is, and what feasible solutions there are to fix this. For now, just insert the SD card directly into your Mac.”

Do you think I may have misunderstand their response clearly? There are third party universal drivers that can be added to OS X, but even those didn’t make BB mount as a device. But then again, while OS X has several universal drivers, even for cameras, maybe the BB is unique enough to where it will require it’s own USB driver in OS X. I have a couple of pedals with storage that mount without any needed software, and others that do require their own software installed and running - to detect their connected device. I suspect based on the response by BB Support, they’ll get around to making it happen. It’s not a show stopper. I’m fine with inserting the SD Card, but remain interested when the pedal can connect to the Mac.

JT