WiFi trouble

I’m unable to connect to my WiFi.

Unexpected error connect-failed

I’m entering the password correctly. Suggestion?

I have to put my Aeros right next to my router before it will do an update.

It has been mentioned on here that due to the metal case of the Aeros, it is sometimes necessary to have the unit right next to the router… Seriously… IMHO the ability to update the Firmware via wireless is just a gimmick… I downloaded 2.10 onto an SD card and updated it that way. No issues at all. I think SS should scrap wireless updating and use that spot on the menu for something else.

I don’t think wifi is a gimmick. I personally dread hooking up a USB cable or burn an sdcard or any other technology from the last decade/millennium.

Designing wifi for use in a metal box on the floor close to noisy electronic pedals and often far away from the wifi AP is a challenge.

I think there are bugs as to what wifi passwords the Aeros can handle. I gave up and used a different wifi AP with a simple password. Something to do with the password length or how it handles special characters is my guess.

Thanks. Moved closer, mission accomplished.

I have the same issue. The Wifi seems kinda week. It connects to the network in my house but doesn’t really grab the internet signal. I solved it by using my Iphone as a hotspot and placing it in the vicinity if the aeros when I look for updates. It seems to work ok once I connect the Wifi to the Iphone rather than my home network. It’s a little better than having to disconnect and bring the Aeros to my router, which isn’t in my studio. Just a suggestion.

1 Like

Wifi never work for me too… even when the Aeros is rigth near the box… a long wifi code seems problematic…

Something that appears to have helped improve my AEROS Wi-Fi connectivity success was to keep the firmware on my router and the router utility or app updated.

In addition to the suggestions and tips above …

I recently resolved a connectivity issue and reported my solution to Support at Singular Sound.

My Aeros would connect to my home network, showing “Enabled” on its WiFi screen … but on the Updates screen indicated “Not Connected.”

Using a Netgear Orbi cable modem/router, with Netgear Genie and Circle by Disney network and filtering software.

Long story short: I adjusted the configuration settings in both programs. Aeros then instantly showed “Connected” on the Updates screen and downloaded and installed the latest firmware.

Some other users may have different hardware and software, but the issue resolution may be similar.

Otherwise, I’ve found Support to be responsive and helpful.

What did you change that made a difference?

OK. I’ll do my best to recount what I did to resolve the issue.

Again: The hardware and software involved were a Netgear Orbi router/modem; Netgear Genie app on a Windows 10 PC; and Circle by Disney app on iOS.

Genie: Network Map > select Device, Aeros (must be On and connected to user’s WiFi), Modify, Connection Type, select Wireless, Apply

Circle: (iOS device must be connected to user’s WiFi) Left nav, select Devices, locate Aeros … and either select Remove from Circle … or assign to a user with a Filter of None.

That’s all I did and it worked immediately.

I shared my resolution steps for my issue, above, with Support, and suggested they include it in their knowledge base.

Glad you figured out your problem with your WiFi network filter. This has more to do with your network than the Aeros. Sounds like you have a filter setup to block suspicious traffic that you needed to disable. There are likely hundreds of ways stuff like that could affect Aeros, other devices, or other sites. Perhaps Aeros could add a generic faq, “Please make sure your network does not block/filter the Aeros.”

1 Like

Correct, and agreed!

wifi work for me, finaly…

Go in your wifi router/box/modem software and check if the aeros is detected in the wifi list, if not move your aeros until the soft detect it, for me not too far not too near, rear aeros toward the router…

The Aeros have to be in the wifi list, very important, then valid your wifi code (mine is very long)… and normaly it will be ok.

It seem there is a wifi detection problem with Aeros…

Remember for upgrade you have to place your aeros at the same place as explained above…

Now I have a new problem. They Aeros says it is connected if I go inside the WiFi network selection menu. When I go out of the menu it says the unit is not connected to the internet.

Used the download to sad card method…

That can happen if you’re connected to wifi but your router is not connected to the internet. It occasionally also happens if there is a service interruption of our server but that’s rare and should be fixed within 24 hours at most.

I ended up downloading to computer and updating via SD card.

I’m having the same issue. Only the Aeros is having this issue. My WiFi is connected to the internet. I’ve tested with other devices. I use the SD card now. WiFi is broken it seems. I recall seeing it work once but never again. The latest firmware has no effect on this behaviour (running 3.1.18 now).

Hey there can you please give any details on what happened?