2 Midi Maestros Connected In Series?

Is it possible to connect 2 Midi Maestros in series where the midi out of MM1 is connected to the midi in of MM2, then the midi out of MM2 goes out to the midi slave pedals. I believe that this would work if the MM was configured for “midi merge” as opposed to “midi out”, but I don’t know how they would react with this setup. Thanks?

1 Like

Yep this would work by default Mm is midi merge

1 Like

Hi MBKFHB … Have you found using 2 x MM daisy chained of benefit? I am keen to know what your experience has been. I am wanting to use an aeros as a midi slave (controlled by 1 x MM), a BB as the Master clock (controlled by the second MM) or possibly have the 2 x MM acting a joint Midi controllers for both devices rather than one MM controlling the aeros and one MM controlling the BB. How do you use your 2 x MM?

Hi CPatterson

I have not yet had the opportunity to try out the two MMs in series. I am in the middle of re-doing my Acoustic PB and am planning on using them to control the Aeros and BB as joint controllers as you described, and also to control additional midi pedals. I currently have 1 MM and using it tho control both and other devices, but I need to flip the pages in order to access all of the midi commands that I might use for a particular song. I anticipate that using 2 MM will provide much more flexibility. It may be a while before I am able to get after this. I will post when I try it. Thank you for your question.

1 Like