4/25 update problems on newest firmware

So I keep trying to update my Aeros but it takes forever to load and when it finishes it asked to reboot, when I do it says error and that I need to do 3 steps unplug power, put in sd card, unplug power not necessarily in that order. But anyways I’ve tried it with and without my sd card. Unplugged power. Still goes in this circle of a problem! Please help!

With the Sd Card
Power Off the Aeros
Do you rename the files from “Aeros 4.2.4.bin” to "aeros.bin " (you need to rename like this)
insert the files on your Sd card ,the file must not be into a folder .
Insert the card and Power on the Aeros

It’s not that my files aren’t working. It’s the firmware isn’t properly downloading. I guess I’m a bit confused…

Hey there,

If possible could you please try again, while an SD is loaded in, allow it to fail, turn off unit, remove the SD and send the .log files to support@singularsound.com along with any details about this issue you are having?

Thank you for reporting

It fails everytime. I don’t know how to send .log files. Don’t even know what that is…? I picked Aeros primarily because I can update over WiFi. My computer is very outdated… can you walk me through steps? Do I need a computer for this?

Hello again,

All you would need to do is take your SD that was plugged into the Aeros when it failed the WIFI update and plug it into your computer. On the SD there will be a folder called logs, send those .log files to support@singularsound.com along with a brief explanation of what happened.

You could try the WIFI update once again but moving the Aeros closer to your router, the WIFI may not reach it cleanly.

I would suggest emailing support so they can help you troubleshoot and find the issue.

Thank you for reporting

I have the same issue with firmware 4.2.4.
It returns error code: 0 as in the following:

Error Code: 0

1. Please insert a valid update file using the snd card
  2. Unplug the Aeros power supply
  3. Reconnect the Aeros power supply

I have tried all options: wifi and sd card route. No joy. I have emailed support with the log file but no reply as yet. Was this ever resolved? Thanks.

An update to this issue: in an attempt to get it working I deleted all songs, reset all settings and even tried a reset to factory state. All that ran ok. I am on 4.1.5 still but now I can no longer save a song or add a new song: it only saves and plays song_1. My guess is that even though previous songs are deleted the song database is corrupted somehow.

Update: I managed to re-upload the 4.1.5 firmware via the SD card which it accepted without an issue. This also fixed the song saving issue it seems: I was able to create new songs and save them. So it seems that the attempt to load 4.2.4 firmware (which failed) corrupted the song database (or similar) and prevented saving any new songs. Tried 4.2.4 again but no luck. Giving up at this point…If I had time I would add songs to fill the disk to see if this can overwrite whatever section is corrupted - but then again I am just guessing for lack of any information. This has been an issue with firmware upgrades since 3 or earlier. But still it is not fixed…there must be an explanation. Not impressed!

Yeah I had to send in my unit, Jay did a hard reset, it working fine. But now there is some strange noticeable fade in issues when pressing overdub for the first time.

Update: Jay from Support contacted me with a solution I could implement myself and therefore no need to send in the unit. It involves flashing the Aeros memory which means just taking off the back panel and using the flash update on a SD card (it is a little more complicated for older Aeros models from the earlier manufacturing runs). There is a video that explains how to do it. I was able to reset everything and eventually load firmware 4.2.4. I still don’t know what caused the problem in the first place especially as it is fairly new and I had only used it for recording a number of songs with guitar and vocals. Still I have to say that I am delighted there is a solution and that the support team were able to help - it has reset my confidence in the Aeros which was beginning to wane.

3 Likes