5.2 bug : attempt to rename and save song file produces "file already exists" error msg

I have had cases recently where wen I went to rename a file and then hit the top right SAVE button I got a message such as “This file already exists” and then doesn’t let me save the renamed file.

it seems intermittent as today I tried to repeat this and it saved fine after rename.

It sounds like you have Midi programed into the loop, if so change one of the Midi numbers to something that does not exists, save it, then go back and change the midi number back to the original number and it will save.

no.

in fact there wasn’t anything recorded or programmed in the loop file - they were either empty or just created

That is a glitch, I get that all the time, but I have Midi data wrote in the loop, so it i have to change the midi song number, save it, then go back to the original number and save it again, it sucks but it works

Hi there,

Can you guys please provide a specific set of steps to reproduce this?

Thanks for reporting!

Hello Brennan. The issues is when you make changes to the loop, for example volume level, you go to save it, it gives an error that the song already exist. Now this is with loops that have Midi song select, but that is all I use, anyway I have to change the Midi PC command number to a song that does not have those Midi values already, save it, then go back and put the original Midi command back in, then save it.