A few more thoughts - count in, only

Had my board apart for the last two weeks, so this is the first time I was able to really dig in with some of the updated stuff. No bugs, so far, at least for me (still on 2.1.1). Few random thoughts…
Quantize to measure is grayed out… was that working before (seem to remember it working)?
In terms of general workflow, the only thing immediately popping out tonight for me was the need to have ability to have the click count in, only. The not-click-after first track is great, too, but a lot of times, I just want a count-in.

Apologies in advance if I mentioned this one, already. There’s been so many conversations, it can be hard to keep track

1 Like

Quantize to measure is working - it’s greyed out because you can’t currently disable it (enter freeform). We are testing freeform right now and provided it’s bug free it should be released soon. Click on count in is a great suggestion as well and I’ve passed it on to the dev team. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Anthony. Perhaps I’m confused about something, when you click next track, I thought there was a way to get it so it starts on the next measure. When I was messing around with it the other night, it didn’t, just started recording. Did I get something wrong?

1 Like

When you click Next Track, it should start recording on the next measure. However, if you clicked it after you just passed the measure line (within 0.5 second), it will assume you meant to record in the current measure and will begin recording immediately.

We implemented this ‘forgiveness lag’ of 0.5 seconds because many people are used to hitting record/playback ‘on beat’ instead of in advance of the measure line, and they often were missing the measure line by a fraction of a second causing frustration. We have been debating if the forgiveness lag of 0.5 seconds is too long… but it depends on each particular person’s style and expectation.

1 Like

Ah, okay, Dave, thank you.