A Long December - DOP, OPB & OPBk (UPDATED)

Requires:

• Mod Standard Pro Bass drum set = NP Standard Pro Bass
  • Beta BeatBuddy Manager version ≥1.6b
  • Firmware ≥ v1.8.5 (recommended)

Includes: Song & chords & lyrics

Download Here

Any time I edit this file in BB Manager the bass notes get long. I tried to import it into my DAW and it failed. Any way I could get an update. I was trying to replace intro and near end silence with closed hi-hats.

If I still have the MIDI source, I’ll update it.

A couple of takeaways worth mentioning:

• editing a one-press song in the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) usually causes issues such as you’re reporting
  • using the BBM to Export to MIDI is also fraught with issues. The MIDI file is intermittently corrupted.

Counting Crows

Notes:

• 4 note HH count-in
  • What’s updated? Different source file (not included); 2 new versions; lowered velocities; and refreshed cheat sheet.
  • Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Song version_________________Suggested kit

v1 (DOP)_____________________SUB-Standard Pro Plain
v2 (OPB)_____________________SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31
v3 (OPBk)____________________STAX 4 octave piano & strings

Includes: 3 songs and Chords & Lyrics

A Long December - Counting Crows.zip (127.0 KB)
1453/104

Ever get the feeling that software development moves at the speed of darkness? :thinking:

Thank you @persist for doing this song. I am using the DOP file and the snare sounds rather ‘electronic’ versus a standard snare drum. Is that intentional or am I perhaps using the wrong drum set? I did download the SUB-Standard Pro Plain set but maybe I am doing something wrong. Thanks in advance - great file.

1 Like

Thanks for the positive comments. I’ll take a look at the song in the morning and close the loop with you.

It was intentional as that was how I transcribed it from the MIDI source file however, it’s an easy edit using the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) MIDI Editor. I moved the Electronic Snare (MIDI ID 40) to Snare (MIDI ID 38). Here’s the edited song:
A_Long_December_v1.sng.zip (9.6 KB)

Wow @persist ! Thank you for doing that so quickly and the file sounds great. Really appreciate the support.

1 Like