A question for the bass players

I’ve been posting songs with DOP, OPB, and OPBk+ but realized that perhaps the bass players might be better served with DOP and OPk+ songs. So instead of posting DOP, OPB, OPBk+, I could add an OPk+ version.

When working up with these songs, it would be just as easy for me to leave the bass out of a song resulting in a one-press version with drums and instruments other than bass.

If there’s enough interest from the bass playing BB users, I can add an extra version (OPk+) to what I’m already packaging.

Feedback welcome.

Full disclaimer - as a reformed reed player I’m barely a guitarist but in our trio we all play bass at times. In some cases I like to play against (doubling) an existing bass part (Coltrane at times used two bass players so there). It seems if the programmed bass gets in the way we can just choose a drum kit with no bass correct? I have to admit I took the “Willin’” MIDI bass part into Aria called for notes to be displayed and copied the notes to learn it.

^
Correct.

If a song that I’ve transcribed has several instruments, I normally post it as DOP, OPB, OPBk.

I’m proposing to include the one-press keys (and or other instruments) DOP, OPB, OPBk, and OPk (where the bass is not included).

I’ve started posting a few OPk(+) songs in Resources and we’ll see how it goes.

Bass player here. That would be great!