Accent hit delay

No worries, I think I am maybe not being clear. So I’ll try again.

You cannot choose the type of pedal you have, because it is what it is. Latching switches are physically different from momentary switches, and nothing you can do in the Beat Buddy Setup will change what the switches are.

In other words, you do not set the type of switch in the Beat Buddy, but instead, the Beat Buddy detects what kind of switches you have.

The exception to this is when you upgrade your firmware, because the Beat Buddy resets all of its settings to their defaults. So, after upgrade, your Beat Buddy does not know what kind of switches you have, but it assumes you have the latest – momentary. So, assuming you have latching switches, the Beat Buddy will not behave the way it should because it is wrong about the kind of switches you have.

So go to Settings >> Footswitch >> Footswitch Detector, and let your Beat Buddy figure out what kind of switches you have. Everything should work properly from there.

Ok, I’ll try to clear it out:

1. I have latching switches
  2. I did the upgrade
  3. I entered the settings-footswitch-footswitch detector section
  4. I pushed left and right switches as requested
  5. I received the ok message from the footswitch detector
  6. My accent hit is still off-beat when I press the switch (the left one, in my case)

Is there any way to get the accent hit played when I push the switch?

There is one other possible problem. If you are using an accent hit that you added to the song, it is possible that the .wav file has dead space at the beginning of it. Play the .wav by itself. Does it sound immediately, or is there a delay before it sounds? If there a delay, the problem is with the .wav.

You could edit the .wav in a DAW to remove the dead space, or just try another sound for the accent hit, if that is the case.

Thanks Phil, I’ll check it out. I’m using one of the default accent hits in the library, and it was working right before the upgrade…

Did you change the Release setting yet and if so, did that make a difference?

I think the press/release setting is only for the main pedal… anyway I tried but nothing has changed

I’m trying to replicate what you are reporting on my system. Which version of the firmware are you using?

I do seem to recall that sometime around the version firmware version 1.8.5 release that Singular Sound mentioned that the improvements that they were making to the firmware would require momentary switches on the remote foot switch.

I’ve tagged Support so that they can weigh in on what you are experiencing. @BeatBuddy_Support

Do you recall the version of the firmware you were using that worked? If you do, you can probably revert to that version.

@Francesco Which firmware version was it okay with, and with which firmware version did this issue start? 2.04? 2.7.0?

This is important to know, as it helps clarify the potential cause of the issue.

It’s also possible that your specific footswitch is defective. If you’d like, you can send me an email at support@singularsound.com and I can replace your footswitch with a new one to see if that solves what is happening here.

1 Like

I believe what they said was they were adding functionality that was invoked by pressing and holding the switches – which would require an upgrade to momentary. I don’t use those functions, and I still have the original latching switches, and everything (I use) works fine for me, including accents hits. So I don’t think switch type is an issue here.

English follow
Ciao, forse avrai risolto ma ho una curiosità: il tuo BB era collegato direttamente ad un canale del mixer? Io avevo il tuo stesso problema e dopo essermi arrovellato per giorni, mi sono accorto che, poiché stavo utilizzando un ingresso aux della mia pedaliera, per risolvere il problema dovevo modificare le impostazioni su quest’ultima e non sul BeatBuddy.
Mi è bastato impostare il tipo di segnale AUX su “Live” e tutto ha ripreso a funzionare a tempo

Hi, maybe you have solved, but I have a question: was your BB connected directly to a mixer channel? I had the same problem as you and after racking my brains for days, I realized that it was because I was using an auxiliary input on my pedal board, to solve the problem I had to change the settings on the pedalboard and not on the BeatBuddy.
All I had to do was set the AUX input signal type to “Live” and everything started working again on time.

Si prega di pubblicare in inglese.

Please post in English so that others in the forum can I stand and try to help.

You really want Support, support@singularsound.com to give you a hand or one of the other users here.

This Aux input thing was really helpful. That was the thing. For some reason it was “tracks” on my Voicelive 3.

1 Like

Yes! One week to realize that!
Glad to have been helpful

Thank you very much for this advice. I’ll give it a try!

1 Like