Aeros and Beat Buddy Sync

With Aeros set as Transmitter. Midi Out of MM ----> Aeros In -----> Beat Buddy In

When I press record on the Aeros, it starts recording after a 1 bar count in, however, the Beat Buddy plays an intro and then goes into the Part Groove. BB plays the intro when the Aeros starts recording that is. I want the BB intro to play and then the Aeros to Record.

How can I get the Aeros to wait for the BB Intro and then start recording when the Intro is complete.

If I use the MM----> BB----->Aeros with MM in Aeros mode I can get the desired behavior.

Should I not use Aeros as Master?

NYHC maybe you know because weren’t you using Aeros as Master?

By understanding the “Send Start While Scrolling” feature (you just hit the Play/Stop All Button on the Aeros rather than pressing Record) I’ve figured it out how to do what I am asking. This is different than the way I thought to implement it, but actually is better, because I can now set-up the song before I start recording and I get the Beat Buddy intro too.

So make sure that under MIDI out “Send Start While Recording” is enabled.

Also, if you press “Play/Stop All” and then quickly press Record, you can achieve exactly what I was looking for, i.e. the intro plays and then your 1st loop automatically que’s up to start recording exactly after the BB intro ends. I think you have to make sure your count in length agrees with the intro length, but in my case both a 1 bar and it works fine. Perfect!

NYHC video that helped me understand this. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello
Sorry for the delay
Yes the video is a solution

The other solution is the set the Aeros to Auto Record. Arm the track, start intro of bb and hit the instrument to start the recording .

Other solution for your case is set the BB a s Master

1 Like

Thanks for everything your doing!