Aeros firmware 2.17.x

Today my looper crashed. There was a sharp noise continuously. I turned it off, restarted. It works but it does not reassure me too much. :thinking:

Are you on the version 2.17.6? Did you use an SD card when this happened? If so the Aeros will keep a crash log file, you can zip (compress) it and PM it to me

Hello @Thovy64,
I think we are all interested in knowing which firmware version you use.
@BrennanSingularSound Are there different hardware versions of the Aeros ? If I understood well @Thovy64, he has been one of the early adopters and owns his device for almost one year whereas I just it got it 10 days ago…

Hi,

Yes I use a SD card but can’t find a crash log files. There’s 24 screenshots of the aeros and they were created at the time of the crash (all at 2020-04-28 16:30) :thinking:. I run the last beta firmware (2.17.6).

2020-04-28T163017.233Z

It was on but I was not using it. I made adjustments from the nixie strymon software to configure my timeline and my bigsky. Is it a midi message that made the screenshot? Is it a midi message that caused the crash?

That’s all I can say.

Very well may be, Midi CC127 value 127 causes a screenshot. If you had a message sending that repeatedly it is probably what crashed the Aeros.

@BrennanSingularSound

I updated my previous bug report.

Sorry to say that the bug is actually still there (even if now you need two steps to reproduce.)…

Please let me know how to change the midi address of the aeros. I could filter the address of the Aeros in my MioXL iconnectivity so that it only receives messages intended for it.
But, I don’t understand why multiple messages make the device crash…

@BrennanSingularSound
It’s even worse than what I initially reported.

The fix has been propagated nowhere beyond the specific case I initially reported.

@BrennanSingularSound

Just opened a separated bug for another very basic feature not working.

@BrennanSingularSound
Can’t you tell me anything to change the midi adress?

As we discussed, this is not a bug, but we will work on ways to avoid this from being an issue.

The dev team is working solely on this issue, thank you for all your input and help.

There is no current way to change the address, but that is part of the next big update which includes the MIDI mapping. So that won’t be like that for long. Currently the Aeros is taking in MIDI information from all channels.

I guess 2.17 ain’t going live, today, is it?

I think, we can clearly disagree on the fact that “after we discussed we agreed this is not a bug”…
Nevertheless, I am happy to hear that you plan to address the “issue”. :wink:

:+1: I hope to see some results soon. I guess everyone now is waiting for this release.

Hoping the issue of missing last couple of measures of a saved song is addressed. It appears to occur randomly in that it’s not every song…And the visual waveform is still there but it’s silent.

Sorry guys, we have to knock out this last bug and it’s ready!

Glad that you are happy! I can’t call a logical function of the machine a “bug”, yet I see the need for a workaround that suits your particular scenario :relaxed:

This is still happening to you on 2.17.6?

Yes… 2.17.6
I made the song a couple of days ago and didn’t have any issues at the time… only today when I opened it up is there silence for the last two measures. Actually the silence starts just before the start of the next to last measure.
2x2 mode and time signature is 6/8

Aeros found and attempted wifi update but error occurred during its reboot.

Rebooted manually and prompt appears again but I select NO and It’s stable and working normally at 2.17.6

Hey just tried downloading from WiFi while on Beta 2.17.6 (link provided at top) and it worked smoothly, could you try without having the SD card in? The SD card doesn’t have any aeros.bin files on it when you attempt this does it?

BTW latest firmware is live on WiFi!! :tada:

2 Likes

Removed sd card and unit updated wirelessly with no issues.
No .bin file on the sd card that I know of… last one in there was the previous beta.

Looks like a huge update! I’m excited! Props to the devs!

2 Likes