Hi there fellow Aerosnauts!
EDIT: Official Version 3.0.0 has been released for download over WIFI and posted on the forum here on May 7, 2020.
Standard Disclaimer: This is a beta version of the firmware. Though we have tested it extensively and believe it to be very stable, we are leaving this as a beta for a few days just to confirm that there are no major issues before publishing it as an official version available over WIFI.
To try out this beta, update through the SD card (note: the SD card must be between 4-32 GB in capacity): Download this file , rename the downloaded file (currently named aeros-2.17.6.bin) to aeros.bin and then place it on an SD card and into your Aeros before turning it on.
- Fixed audio pop issue in freeform mode
- You can now UNDO with a hold command while overdubbing
- When entering Mixer, track selected is now the same as in the loop studio
- Aeros now resets mixer volume levels to neutral after clearing a song by holding down Play/Stop ALL button
- Next part MIDI command is now immediate instead of following End of Loop (EOL) setting - this is to keep your BeatBuddy and Aeros in sync in case you transitioned early on the BeatBuddy
- Fixed lost audio tracks after renaming song
- Allow space character in the song name for characters other than the first
- Muting with double tap will now not merge the overdub and base layer
- Tap tempo now follows time signature note type instead of always quarter notes
- End of Loop settings now ignore undone tracks
- Fixed: End of Loop red circle blinks on wrong track when recording and stopping/changing parts
- Fixed cancel recording on undone track making the measure lines disappear
- Fixed next part issues (button and moving labels)
- Fixed BeatBuddy next part crash
- Fixed next part not following EOL in freeform with sync length OFF when recording
- Fixed auto-naming of songs based on songs in internal and SD storage (instead of only internal storage)
- Fixed moving from SD to internal causing missing song
- Fixed Next track while recording not following sync start setting
- Fixed Mono Audio Output setting causing increase in volume
- Fixed: Can’t delete song on Aeros if another song has same name on SD (and vice versa)
- Fixed multiple possible crash causes
- Added cross fade on loop seams and quick fade in/out on start/stop to prevent audio pops
- New Setting: Mute Immediately, End of Measure, End of Loop. This is for muting a track with a double tap. Muting in the mixer screen is always immediate.
- New Setting: Record songs in Mono/Stereo (set when starting a new song)
- New Setting: Play audio in Mono/Stereo (main settings)
- New Setting: Play/Stop All button on press/release. Previously this button was active on release, it is now active on press, which makes it more immediate, but will cause a small amount of sound to be played when holding it down while stopped to clear a song. You can change it with the setting
- Next Track button in 6x6 mode now works on downpress instead of release
- Enabled single note time signatures (1/4, 1/8) so songs can be quantized to the beat instead of the measure
- Click is now audible in both main out and aux out during Count In
- Added “Mute All” option to mixer screen when no tracks are muted
- Added Memory Used to Stopped Screen: This is how much of the currently loaded song memory has been used. Saving the song will merge the overdubs and free up more memory. This is not the total stored memory of all songs (which can be expanded with the SD card)
- Added low memory and out of memory warning dialog, shown for 5 seconds (can be dismissed with PLAY/STOP or lower left button)
- Added solid red circle around track clock of Longest Loop in song part that is being used as a basis for recording a new track when the Sync Track Length setting enabled
- Added Screenshot function: MIDI message CC127:127 will save a screenshot to the SD card
- New system to create log files on the SD card if Aeros crashes. In the rare case that the Aeros crashes, please email the crash log files to email@example.com
- Close loop at forgiveness point: Audio will be captured during the forgiveness period (up to 300 ms) and added to the loop to prevent loop ‘holes’ when pressing the button shortly after the measure line. (NOTE: The waveform will not be visible but the audio is present)
- Fixed renaming of existing song bug
- Limit keyboard input to numbers and letters for first character of song name, to prevent empty song bug
- Fixed crash caused by touching the screen while deleting song
- Fixed: Cue recording with Next Track in 6x6 while recording and then cancel cue caused currently recording track to stop recording
- Fixed Click Track Lag
- Automatically delete transient overdub when muting with double tap
- Various fixes
This is a follow up to beta version 2.15.5 which was never officially released over WiFi.
- Added quick start guide
- Saving/managing songs on SD card is now available
- Songs are sorted in song list by last loaded order (all SD card stored songs will be below internal memory stored songs in the song list screen after bootup)
- Songs can now be renamed again when editing song
- Added Sync track feature (start / length) in song settings: Sync Start forces all tracks to start in the same place. Sync length will force all tracks to be a multiple of the first track in the song part. Freeform tracks can be equal to the first track or 2, 4, 8, etc times as long. Quantized tracks can also be half as long as the first track or 1 measure long. This keeps all tracks from going out of time with each other.
- Added track offsets: If sync start is off, the Aeros will now keep the relative differences between the start points of tracks
- Added global setting: Change song parts/Stop song: Immediate/End of Measure, End of Loop. This controls when songs parts change and when Aeros stops playback after pressing Stop All. If End of Loop is enabled, song parts will change and playback will stop at the end of the longest loop in the currently playing song part. If the [Immediate/EOM] option is selected, Freeform songs will change/stop immediately and Quantized songs will change/stop at the End of Measure.
- Reduced forgiveness lag from 500ms to 300ms. This is the time of a button pressed after the measure line triggering at the passed measure line. The long forgiveness lag was causing problems during songs with a fast tempo.
- Allow Main Input to not be routed anywhere. This was requested by users who use a mixer going into the Aeros and want to prevent a ‘phasing’ effect.
- Song is only loaded when entering loop studio screen upon boot up to prevent long boot up time.
- Refactored Audio block processing for additional stability.
- Fixed crash when saving long songs.
- Song with no name being created bug