This is a beta version of the firmware. Though we have tested it extensively and believe it to be very stable, we are leaving this as a beta for the next week just to confirm that there are no major issues before publishing it as an official version available over WIFI.
To try out this beta, update through the SD card: Download this file , rename the downloaded file (currently named aeros-2.15.5.bin) to aeros.bin and then place it on an SD card and into your Aeros before turning it on.
To go back to the previous firmware, use the same SD card update method to install firmware 2.13.2
- Added quick start guide
- Saving/managing songs on SD card is now available
- Songs are sorted in song list by last loaded order (all SD card stored songs will be below internal memory stored songs in the song list screen after bootup)
- Songs can now be renamed again when editing song
- Added Sync track feature (start / length) in song settings: Sync Start forces all tracks to start in the same place. Sync length will force all tracks to be a multiple of the first track in the song part. Freeform tracks can be equal to the first track or 2, 4, 8, etc times as long. Quantized tracks can also be half as long as the first track or 1 measure long. This keeps all tracks from going out of time with each other.
- Added track offsets: If sync start is off, the Aeros will now keep the relative differences between the start points of tracks
- Added global setting: Change song parts/Stop song: Immediate/End of Measure, End of Loop. This controls when songs parts change and when Aeros stops playback after pressing Stop All. If End of Loop is enabled, song parts will change and playback will stop at the end of the longest loop in the currently playing song part. If the [Immediate/EOM] option is selected, Freeform songs will change/stop immediately and Quantized songs will change/stop at the End of Measure.
- Reduced forgiveness lag from 500ms to 300ms. This is the time of a button pressed after the measure line triggering at the passed measure line. The long forgiveness lag was causing problems during songs with a fast tempo.
- Allow Main Input to not be routed anywhere. This was requested by users who use a mixer going into the Aeros and want to prevent a ‘phasing’ effect.
- Song is only loaded when entering loop studio screen upon boot up to prevent long boot up time.
- Refactored Audio block processing for additional stability.
- Fixed crash when saving long songs.
- Song with no name being created bug
KNOWN BUG: Occasionally it seems like the save button isn’t working – after the song is saved the button does not fade out and if you try to exit the song, Aeros will ask you to save the song again. This is a User Interface bug, the Aeros is actually saving the song, though it appears that it is not. We are working on fixing this.
- Record/Playback in Mono/Stereo – Currently everything is recorded in Stereo. The option to record in Mono will double the available memory.
- Advanced crossfade / fade in/out algorithm to smooth transitions on loop start/end points and between song parts to prevent audio ‘pop’ sounds when there is a large audio difference during a transition.
- Advanced MIDI Command response - for integration with the MIDI Maestro and other devices.
Note about development schedule: Though we have been working hard to release as many updates to the Aeros as quickly as possible, we have realized that we need additional developers to get the development speed up to a pace that is acceptable to us, and that you all deserve. We have hired several new developers and they are currently getting trained on the project. This process of building a larger development team will initially slow down our current development as time needs to be spent getting the new team members up to speed. But we expect that in the next 1-2 months our development speed should increase significantly and we will release updates more often. Thank you all for your continued patience as we build the Aeros into everything we know it can be.