Aeros firmware 2.13.2

@JaredSmythe what @mdb is requesting is for an end of loop setting when the part change is done with the Aeros, not with the BeatBuddy. If a transition is done on the BB, it happens end of measure.

@mdb the one press part change in 6x6 would work with an end of loop setting because there would be usually enough time to cycle to the part you want before the end of the loop. With the end of measure or immediate (for freeform) setting, it made more sense to use a 2 step method so that you don’t accidentally go to the wrong part.

But I see the value of these two settings. I’ll do my best to get them done ASAP. But I’m balancing this against the other features people are saying are deal breakers, like the MIDI controls and Mute settings, etc.

Yes, that’s what I was saying, @DavidPackouz. You’d have to do the part change on the Aeros in order to do end of loop. The issue is that the Aeros would then have to trigger the transition and fill on the Beatbuddy at the appropriate time (unless done manually). That’s why the end of loop change (while using a Beatbuddy) would require that the Aeros is master.

1 Like

Hi David,

Thanks for your help…

The problem is I can’t use Aeros for nothing yet, because for “my use” (and others here) the looper is always the master, specialy for the parts change management… there is no other way to have “the end of loop” fonction for use the parts… out of freeform.

That’s mean a midi out too… to control beatbuddy or other things…

I understand that you have a lot of request, but i can deal without mute settings or MIDI controls (exept midi out) for the moment, but i can’t deal without “end of loop part change” and midi out…

The file management is nedded too, because we have a lot of songs to transfer…

I have a limited time to send back the Aeros, I arrive at the end, I’m very deaspointed to do so… the potential of the Aeros is great, but if i can’t use it, i can’t keep it… it’s why i’m asking when the update will be ready??? and what will be done???

Best regards

2 Likes

Seem they don’t play live at singular sound, there is no notion of “end of loop” with the beatbuddy too…
Management is very hard for parts change or fills (in the BB), you have always to wait the last mesure of the loop (and look the screen all the time) to stay in tempo… it’s NOT possible in live, you have other things to do…

It’s a very big issue for me, but it’s easy to correct or add… I hope they will… quickly :wink:

2 Likes

I think the beatbuddy transitioning at measure’s end is fine, as long as the Aeros knows to wait until the loop’s end and can trigger the beatbuddy sometime in that last measure for a fill and transition.

For me the end of mesure is to dangerous live. I think the Aeros need the end loop (in slave or master), like you find in all other loopers on the market… the end of loop avoid a lot of manipulations and secure to stay in tempo…

For exemple select a part + play in Aeros, we don’t need the “play” action, only “select a part” is needed to play the next part at the end of the loop… no matter “when” you select the part in the active loop… now in Aeros the “part” and “the select part” do the same thing, they play the active loop… and you have to wait the last mesure to do “play” for change the part, if you do earlier it will pass immediatly, this can be catastrophic in a show…

Why so many manipulations???

I don’t know if i’m clear??? :grinning:

The “end of loop” is described in the manual of the Aeros, but for the next upgrade, ok but when??? i need it a lot, its crutial for “my” use, and its why I took the Aeros… for me it’s a basic function for a looper…

I have no doubt that the Aeros will become the ultimate looper, but for the moment it is not, no end of loop mode, no master mode, no track and part erase, no USB files management, and so on… I feel like a beta tester…

1 Like

They are treating the customers as beta testers, and if they had stated that at all, I wouldn’t have returned mine.

It Seems the software crew doesn’t finish the job, they are very late…

Punch in punch out is missing too…

Unfotunately all the market does the same thing… some are even worse.

It seems they work before on the hardware and after on the software with customer requests…

@mdb the SD card storage function has been completed, we’re just ironing out a few bugs before releasing it. I will ask the dev team to see if they can accelerate the ‘end of loop’ feature – but I cannot guaranty when it will be completed. It’s not a particularly difficult feature to build, so it shouldn’t be very long, but we always get unexpected surprises when coding software.

2 Likes

Hi David,

Thanks for your help,

Good news for the USB/SD…

For the end of loop part change, yes I think it is not too difficult, because in 2x2 the “end of loop” is quite finished, the part blink when you selected it, you don’t have to do “play” to valid the part after selection like in 6x6 mode…but it is possible only if you do it in the last mesure/last 2 beats of the loop, very risky…

Why this difference between 2x2 and 6x6 mode???

I think the simplest way for both modes is:

If i select a part (anytime/anywhere in the active loop), the new part will be valided…
If is valided the new part will blink…
If the new part is blinking it will wait the end of the active loop to change part…

I hope this will coming very very soon…

Best regards…

1 Like

@mdb In 2x2 there are only 2 song parts, so there is no wrong song part to go to. The reason 6x6 is a two step process because there are multiple parts, so the time it takes to scroll through to the correct song part before the end of the measure might be too long, and you accidentally go to the wrong song part. But with an end of loop setting, automatic song part change should work as long as your loop is long enough.

1 Like

I undertand, in my experience I never do a part less than 4 bars (8 bars are more confortable), even if it’s very repetitive, rightly to get the time for scrolling in any situation…

To do X bars loop puch-in/punch-out is very usefull… if you want to redo a piece of the loop again, not always the entire loop, and stay in a X bars you decide… choice (somewhere) between overdub and punch I/O will be great…

May be with a Midi Pedalboard you will able to join any parts direcly without scrolling? but even in this case “end of loop” is imperative because you can’t watch or manage your pedalboard, your Aeros, and your BB in the same time…

1 Like

Does this version not have freeform/freedom mode yet? I thought 2.12.2 had it but does this one not have it? I’m confused why it would be left out.

@esptone This does have freeform mode - however it’s truly freeform - it doesn’t have synced tracks (where each track is kept as a strict multiple of the previous track) so this version is only really effective for soundscape looping. We should have the synced tracks feature in the next release

1 Like

Thanks, I just don’t see how to access it. Where is the freeform setting?

Good question!

1 Like

think you just turn quantise to measure off

1 Like

New firmware available: Aeros firmware 2.15.x