Aeros firmware 2.13.2

EDIT: Beta designation was removed and this firmware is now an official release available for download over Wifi (1/6/2020)

EDIT: Firmware version changed from 2.13.1 to 2.13.2 in this post (12/26/19)

To update through the SD card, download this file , rename the downloaded file (currently named aeros-2.13.2.bin) to aeros.bin and then place it on an SD card and into your Aeros before turning it on.

To go back to the previous firmware, use the same method to install firmware 2.11.1

This release builds on the previous Beta firmware 2.12.1.

2.13.2 Changelog:

• Added basic cross fade on loop seams and fast fade in/out on start/stop to prevent audio ā€˜popā€™ when making big audio transitions

Fixed:

• Bug that cut off parts of recorded loops
  • Bug that kept last song from being saved properly

2.13.1 Changelog:

• Aeros will now start at the End of Measure if receiving MIDI Clock
  • Added Setting to control what Aeros does when it receives MIDI Start Command: Record, Playback
  • Removed measure number in track clock during count in

KNOWN BUG: All the startpoints of the loops get aligned when Aeros is stopped, even if they were not aligned when recorded. (This bug is also present in previous non-beta firmware versions and should be fixed soon)

Coming Soon: SD card file transfer

2 Likes

Really cool!

1 Like

Very cool, just curious where does being able to edit song names fall into the priority list?

@johngale77 we already fixed this while building the SD card storage function. Weā€™re testing it now, so hopefully next release :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds goodā€¦ thanks!

@DavidPackouz with these two latest Beta Firmwares Iā€™m having again the issue with the latest saved song (it was fixed with version 2.11). After turning the aeros off and on again, the latest song is not there, only the title is saved and it opens an empty 2x2 song. Also, every time i try to open it, the aeros create a new empty song called ā€œsong_xā€.

Can it be made to ignore the midi start command all together? I want to be able to sync to the beat of other devices, I donā€™t want those devices to control when then Aeros starts or records, I want to be able to do that with my feet still DITTO x4 style

TTD, Iā€™ll use the BB of an example because thatā€™s all I knowā€¦
In the BB settings, thereā€™s a ā€œSTARTā€ area of the MIDI out settingsā€¦ if you disable that, the Aeros will not start doing anything when you start a beat on the BBā€¦

1 Like

iā€™m using Logic Pro X, think I looked at the options but couldnā€™t see a way to disable the start command under the sync options

TTD
David Said:
2.13.1 * Added Setting to control what Aeros does when it receives MIDI Start Command: Record, Playback

i understood that to mean a play command will trigger either record or playback, id like the play command to have no effect

If it has no effect at all, how would you ensure that your beats will line up?

there are two separate elements here, the syncing of the clocks of the aeros and other device, and activating playback/record on the aeros by the other device using the play command, I want the former not the later. I want the midi clocks to sync, but want to control recording/playback with my feet on the aeros, currently (havenā€™t updated for a while) if I click play on a drum pattern in logic my aeros will start to record, I am not ready for it to record, I want to listen to the drums and then start recording when I feel like. this is how the ditto X4 works, just latches onto a midi clock

The issue with that is that you would then be tempo synced but not beat synced. This would be a situation similar to my early use if Beatbuddy and the ditto x4 when pausing and resuming the beatbuddy. The tempo would be right, but getting the downbeat synced perfectly manually was a huge pain.

I think having the aeros ā€œplayā€ first (rather than record), to ensure the beats and measures align would be what youā€™d need. Then you record whenever you want while still being beat synced. If this was configurable per song, that would be great.

1 Like

maybe I didnā€™t do much starting and stopping but I dont remember having a problem with the ditto X4, the flashing light was always locked in to the beat in logic, I could chose when to play by pressing a switch, and because of sync/quantising I didnā€™t need to be too precise.

I think an external device triggering ā€˜playā€™ is fine if it is a blank loop, but what if one is already recorded and you want to play along to backing track but only loop over one segment?

currently when I press play on my backing track on Logic the aeros starts recording (I dont think playing would be better)

@ttd with this new firmware, you can disable the Aeros from either recording or playback when it receives a start command. I made a video for another thread showing the feature: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xU7mn6zYyaa4Yzt27

Please note that MIDI clock does not indicate which beat is the first beat in the measure - the Aeros sets that when it receives the Start command from the BeatBuddy - so donā€™t turn off the Start command being sent from the BeatBuddy.

@sharifkerbage I have confirmed this bug ā€“ we think we know whatā€™s going on and weā€™re working on a fix now. Thank you for reporting the bug! Thatā€™s very helpful.

4 Likes

I had not loaded the latest firmware from beatbuddy because it was only intended for the midi maestro. With the latest firmware the recordings and playback finally work!
During testing, however, I found something that could be improved. If I press ā€œplay/stop allā€ then it would be very helpful if you could choose whether you want to play the loop continuously or only once. I think there will be other suggestions from users over time. For me it is now important to be able to implement midi start, stop, overdub, play, play once, delete loop1,2,3, all etc. I can automate all of this with my Setlistmaker so that I can concentrate on performing. As you know, I have 30 days at Thomann to return the looper. If midi does not work by the 03.01.2020 deadline at the latest, I will unfortunately have to send the looper back. I will then possibly order another one later if everything goes that is listed in the article description.

I had not loaded the latest firmware from beatbuddy because it
was only intended for the midi maestro. With the latest firmware
the recordings and playback finally work!

During testing, however, I found something that could be improved.

If I press ā€œplay/stop allā€ then it would be very helpful if you
could choose whether you want to play the loop continuously or
only once.
I think there will be other suggestions from users over time.

For me it is now important to be able to implement:
  - midi start, stop
  - overdub
  - play
  - play once
  - delete loop1,2,3...
  - delete all loops
  - etc.
  I can automate all of this with my Setlistmaker so that I can

concentrate on performing.
As you know, I have 30 days at Thomann to return the looper. If
midi does not work by the 03.01.2020
deadline at the latest, I will unfortunately have to send the
looper back.
I will then possibly order another one later if everything goes
that is listed in the article description.

Werner

Hi @897 Iā€™m glad you finally got it working :slight_smile:

We will be building a setting to stop/change parts at the end of the loop.

Regarding the MIDI implementation, Aeros already responds to MIDI clock, start and stop, next part (cc-102). Delete all loops can be done by holding down the play/stop all button while the aeros is stopped. The other MIDI functions will be built in January, but will definitely not be completed by January 3. Sorry about that.

yes i know how to delete loops but i want to be able to do that via midi. With the Ditto x4 I can do it all. The problem with the Ditto is that it is often out of sync. I will test your looper until the beginning of January and would be happy if you would inform me about any new firmware updates.