This is a beta release of the firmware, so we are not uploading it to the Wifi.
If you want to test this, you will need to use the SD card update method. To update through the SD card, download this file, rename the downloaded file (currently named aeros-2.12.2.bin) to aeros.bin and then place it on an SD card and into your Aeros before turning it on.
To go back to the previous firmware, use the same method to install firmware 2.11.1
Firmware 2.12.2 Changelog:
- Added Freefrom mode (see known bug below)
- Re-sync system: Aeros now follows BB midi clock. This corrects any ‘wavers’ in the master MIDI clock to resync the beginning of the Aeros loop playback to the begining of the measure. See it in action here:
- Made recording measure count number in track clock bigger for easier visibility
- Added Line-in impedance setting. Sets the input sensitivity: Instrument level (1M Ohms impedance) vs Line level (50k Ohms impedance) Instrument level is about 10% more sensitive than Line level.
- Added more WiFi statuses in the home screen to indicate if internet and server connection are successful.
- Fixed signature 2/4 not accepted
- Fixed info box message for “click after recording first track”
Fixed recording count starting at 1 during a cue of recording.
KNOWN BUG: When using freeform, all the startpoints of the loops get aligned, even if they were not aligned in the first place.
We need your feedback
What is the ideal way for freeform to function:
Should the start points of all tracks be forced to be at the same time – a track won’t begin recording until it reaches the ‘loop seam’ of the previous track. Or should it start immediately whenever you hit the next track button (the way it is now).
Should tracks be kept as multiples of each other (each track can only be exactly as long as the previous track, or 2x or 3x etc as long)? This would keep the tracks from going out of sync with each other. Or should they be any length (the way it is now).
Should song part changes only happen at the end of the track or immediately (the way it is now)?
Any other improvements to this mode?
We will be adding small (4~ ms) cross fades to loop seams and when changing song parts to remove the ‘popping’ noise as the track ends are crossed. This is not present in this version.
Please post any bugs or suggestions below. Thank you!