Aeros firmware 2.15.x

I wish there was a way to download beta firmware on the Aeros directly. I have a MicroSD slot in my laptop but not a regular SD slot and I’m not buying a SD drive just for occasional firmware updates. But I wish I had had access to 2.15.x over the last month.

You can insert your microsd into a “MicroSD to SD adapter” and insert that into the Aeros.

Those adaptors are pretty cheap and often are included when you buy a MIcroSD card. You or a friend might have one lying around.

(That said, I agree, it would be convenient for the Aeros to have sa “beta channel” for wifi download. I have to “unstick” a pedal from my pedalboard to access the SD slot … since it’s blocked by the adjacent pedal to the left).

Yeah, except I bought a regular SD for the Aeros.

There are several ways around my first world problem but they all cost a few $ that I don’t really want to spend.

I also have to unstick my pedal :stuck_out_tongue:

At some point you may want to transfer songs/waves between the Areos and the laptop for purposes of archiving or editing. An SD card may be the preferred method of doing this and a decent USB card reader is only the fraction of the cost of what you paid for the Areos.

FYI, I am using 2.15.x … created a song on my SD card. Recorded tracks. Saved the song (could see the message confirming it was saving). Powered the Aeros off. Removed the card, plugged into my iMAC. The folder was empty! Lost all the recordings made.

When using AUX IN - the meter does not show up (even when MAIN OUT is disconnected from the System Settings).

I have the same problem on my PC ! … :frowning:

Hey guys, that is not good, but the good news is the current iteration of the software is not exhibiting this behavior. Saving to SD and moving to computer is showing files normally.

We are aware of this and are currently looking into ways to make the extra meter integrate with our UX.

It’s great to have you hear to acknowledge our findings!

Oh, I didn’t expect you want to integrate it as an extra meter. Maybe simply use the same meter area, displaying a full meter when only one input is selected in the System Preferences, and then display two halved-sized meters, one on top and one below, when the two inputs run in // … Thanks!

Beep beep. Just bumping ableton link integration as it is open sourced https://github.com/Ableton/link.

1 Like

Update: I’m having problems again with the saved songs once the Aeros restarts. Also, i can’t save the songs in the SD card (neither in the internal memory), when I press the Save button it doesn’t do anything. Sounds like the same issue I used to have on previous firmwares…

Storage work really bad for me… tracks level change…
if we have to modify a file, we have to save it as a wav 44100hz mono 24bit?

2.15 beta installed. Worked on a very long ambient soundscape, where track extend to their longest loop possible on the device. After recording a couple of tracks (without any stopping) - the Aeros crashed, and all the work was gone!

Could it be that I reached the 20 minutes song limit? Maybe… but then, the device should warn you in a slightly more polite way :wink:

@audiosampling
i don’t understand on mine the maximum is 2min30sec

Theoretically one could make a 20min track with 10 2min parts end to end.

I hope they address the time limit soon. I also have a save problem when hitting the 2:30 mark. Tries to save at the end and start looping automatically but freezes instead.

1 Like

Lifting up the total limit (20 minutes) would be great for ambient stuff. I am now hitting that limit most of the time : think about it, 6 tracks in stereo means 12 tracks, which then averages to 1m40s per track.

Let’s make Aeros the best looper. I see a lot of potential!

2 Likes

2:30 that sucks in 2019. I don’t know how much RAM there is. But I really hope it will change otherwise I will sell it.

1 Like

I’ll need at least 5min but would prefer 10min. And 45min total would be a minimum. Anything much short of that and I’ll be sending it back.
I think they’ll get all the bugs squished soon enough but the time limit is a major deciding factor for me.

I agree with you. The time to resolve bugs is to long. And in addition we spend our time detecting bugs. I’m starting to lose patience.

I agree. We’re working on speeding up our iteration time to get releases out faster.

We finally have a new release! Check it out: Aeros firmware 2.17.x

4 Likes