Aeros firmware 3.0.0

For anyone who’s having trouble updating via WiFi, I may have stumbled upon a process that helps. I tried 4 times to get the download, and it kept failing. On my final try, instead of accepting the download on startup, I selected no, and let the unit boot in the current firmware. Then, I selected the check for updates, and it downloaded and installed perfectly. It seemed like the partial download was causing problems. All good now. :grinning:

3 Likes

@DavidPackouz

Is it that you plan to do that for this release ?

I’ve been just creating a topic to cover specifically actions around this high priority problem.

I can give this a try tonight, David, thanks. Is the ROP actually on the to-do list?

A “doesn’t save” bug is present in my device right now. :weary: I will log a bug in the other forum section.

Please PM me if you have anything you’d like me to try to debug this before I create another song and lose the ability to provide more info. @BeatBuddy_Support @BrennanSingularSound @DavidPackouz

@brennan Can someone clear this up for me please.

With 3.0, clearing a song now involves a little bit of audio from the current song playing. How much audio? A second, 1/2 a second?

As a non prerecorded track user, I won’t ever be loading a new song - I’ll just be clearing between songs, which means if the above is true, when I go to clear it as I get applause, say thankyou, have a bit of banter etc. etc., a bit of the last song’ll play. Is that right?

Thanks

M

Only if you cinfigure the stop/start button to work on button down and the Aeros is stopped will you hear the beginning of the loop briefly. The default is for the button to work on release which avoids the tradeoff.

Also if you stop and clear the song at the same time, you will clear without starting the loop.

Here’s the deal:

• If the button is setup to act on press, it needs to start playing the song without a delay (that’s the idea of button down actions). No free lunch or time travel on this.
  • If you keep on holding the button down, once you’ve held it down long enough, the clear action will be triggered and the loop is stopped if it was started on button press.
  • That delay time to wait for a hold is the length of the audio that might play.

It sounds worse than it is unless you need all of the following: stop on press (for me, the timing for stopping the loop isn’t that critical), clear the song while stopped (versus stopping and clearing at the same time), can’t roll the volume down, and can’t tolerate the brief sound. Note you might also just start or open another song (which might become easier) in a live performance. Might be other workarounds.

IMHO, it’s hard have a design that combines hold and double tap actions with button down. There’s a way to design around this, and an hoping SS will figure this out. Will post a short idea in a bit: Features to help with realtime button overload and design

:disappointed_relieved: release button again and again…

@quad Ok thanks. Yeah sorry forgot to say am using bb to trigger all starts, stops and pauses so only use ‘stop all’ button on Aeros for clearing a song at the end of the song when its stopped.

So am I gonna trigger a bit of audio then in that case?

No extra sound if you leave the Aeros at the default settings.

Ok great thanks for clarifying that :slight_smile:

@DavidPackouz
I am very disappointed, midi was scheduled for the January update.
It is unacceptable to have bought a product a year ago that still does not do what was promised. We purchased this product to meet certain specifications and did not get a discount as some features would not work a year later.
I am a dissatisfied customer who is starting to go crazy.

2 Likes

Everyone technically is getting discount with the deal price. That said, I don’t see the street price going up any time soon (this is an expensive device) … and that may be the standard music industry MSRP versus list price discount.

I can relate to your sentiments. I expected something more like a kickstarter approach and am not as disappointed (and happy the product is actively expanding). FYI, there is some midi control today, just not that much.

@LaurentB yes, it is on the list. I will see if I can bump up the priority.

2 Likes

@DavidPackouz, What about (if possible of course) replacing all the Hold comand with Double-Tap and Hold?

Can you describe what you’re trying to achieve by that?

You’re probably out of luck if you’re trying to make the button down action trigger some action without a delay … and also need “the double tap and hold” to not also trigger the button down action. It’s subtle, confusing, and incompatible AFAIK.

1 Like

A double tap and holding the second one, for those actions where the time it’s not crucial (Like Undo, Mixer View). The problem is that Mute Track it’s currently assign to one Double-Tap :woozy_face:

thank you great update!

2 Likes

Hey, David, the starting the next track doesn’t really work as an option, because if you don’t time that next track to end just at the right spot, it doesn’t work. I’ll have to wait for the update for the ROP… a suggestion - if you’re going to do that, you’re going to want to allow for some sort of adjustable fade in and out (as opposed to having to do it manually), as I would think that either end of the loop, would already be at volume, and would sound too abrupt on start or finish, when starting/stopping.

1 Like

What discount are you talking about? I pre ordered it on july 2019 at 590 + 62 tax and a year later we are still talking about achieving the functions specified at the origin.

1 Like

I notice with 3.0 that the forgivenness period has dropped from 500ms to 300ms. I only ever record or overdub right on the beat (not beforehand) and with the 500ms period I’ve never missed it once. Im worried that if I update to 3.0 I’ll start missing it. Is that likely or not.? My timing’s pretty good.

Thanks

M :slight_smile: