Aeros firmware 3.0.0

No extra sound if you leave the Aeros at the default settings.

Ok great thanks for clarifying that :slight_smile:

@DavidPackouz
I am very disappointed, midi was scheduled for the January update.
It is unacceptable to have bought a product a year ago that still does not do what was promised. We purchased this product to meet certain specifications and did not get a discount as some features would not work a year later.
I am a dissatisfied customer who is starting to go crazy.

2 Likes

Everyone technically is getting discount with the deal price. That said, I don’t see the street price going up any time soon (this is an expensive device) … and that may be the standard music industry MSRP versus list price discount.

I can relate to your sentiments. I expected something more like a kickstarter approach and am not as disappointed (and happy the product is actively expanding). FYI, there is some midi control today, just not that much.

@LaurentB yes, it is on the list. I will see if I can bump up the priority.

2 Likes

@DavidPackouz, What about (if possible of course) replacing all the Hold comand with Double-Tap and Hold?

Can you describe what you’re trying to achieve by that?

You’re probably out of luck if you’re trying to make the button down action trigger some action without a delay … and also need “the double tap and hold” to not also trigger the button down action. It’s subtle, confusing, and incompatible AFAIK.

1 Like

A double tap and holding the second one, for those actions where the time it’s not crucial (Like Undo, Mixer View). The problem is that Mute Track it’s currently assign to one Double-Tap :woozy_face:

thank you great update!

2 Likes

Hey, David, the starting the next track doesn’t really work as an option, because if you don’t time that next track to end just at the right spot, it doesn’t work. I’ll have to wait for the update for the ROP… a suggestion - if you’re going to do that, you’re going to want to allow for some sort of adjustable fade in and out (as opposed to having to do it manually), as I would think that either end of the loop, would already be at volume, and would sound too abrupt on start or finish, when starting/stopping.

1 Like

What discount are you talking about? I pre ordered it on july 2019 at 590 + 62 tax and a year later we are still talking about achieving the functions specified at the origin.

1 Like

I notice with 3.0 that the forgivenness period has dropped from 500ms to 300ms. I only ever record or overdub right on the beat (not beforehand) and with the 500ms period I’ve never missed it once. Im worried that if I update to 3.0 I’ll start missing it. Is that likely or not.? My timing’s pretty good.

Thanks

M :slight_smile:

It may be possible, we could consider it, we are currently looking into other avenues.

1 Like

Hey we saw your post and are looking into it closely, thank you so much for you dedication to finding the root of this!

Hey, you were answered below but yes this is because if the Stop/Play all is on the Press (setting in the Device settings) the Aeros reads the press before the hold command takes place (500ms).

We understand the frustration, we are working as quickly as possible, the Aeros is improving and we are here to respond to your concerns and improve where and if necessary.

You aren’t by chance looping everything in equal lengths (or whole mutliples) of time are you? You could then use sync start and length in freeform and your next track will always line up with first. Anything you don’t want synced could possibly be played as an overdub.

I couldn’t answer that question, the 500 ms felt like a little bit of overkill, the 300ms is smoother by far. I’d say you are missing out on a lot of extra power and features by not updating, the choice is yours, however.

Ok thanks for clarifying but tbh I only update when theres something I need :slight_smile:

I was using it in freeform, with nothing synced. Are you saying if I did, I could just end that new track that’s serving as the overdubbed tail when it ends, and it won’t instantly repeat it?

That is your choice, but I advise against it, issues you may have in the future may not be applicable to new iterations of the firmware. If your only concern is less forgiveness lag you can always downgrade back to 2.13.2 afterwards if you find it not working.

Hey sorry, you lost me there, could you explain a little more?

Sure… my initial problem with trying to use a new track to take the place of the overdubbed tail was that when it switches over to the new track, in order for that overdub to be seamless, I have to make sure that new track ends exactly at the length of the first track, as, if I just stop it after the tail ends, that closes the loop and it starts repeating that little tail snippet, immediately.

I guess, what I’m asking about is what you recommended is the problem isn’t where that ‘overdub’ starts, it’s the fact that I don’t know how to make it (the 2nd track) so it only plays that once at the beginning of the first track, regardless how long the second is.

<--------- first track 30 seconds long>
<second track containing tail - 5 seconds long> -

Does this track have to be recorded at thirty seconds long, or can I set it so when i close that loop, it will still end up being the same length as the first one? As I currently have it set up with no syncing, if I record that 5 second tail, the tail track repeats again and again, instead of just playing once at the beginning of the track 1 loop.

Ideally it should look like this:
<1st track 30 seconds ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
<second track 5 seconds, but plays the same length as the first track before repeating>

What’s currently happening:
<1st track 30 seconds>
<second track 5 seconds, repeating every 5 seconds>

As you can imagine, that does not work when you’re simply trying to have the tail of the loop blend in so it sounds seamless when it repeats.

I know this is confusing, and hard to explain, and I will admit to not fully understanding the various sync modes.

When are you working to upgrade the 20min? It’s not in tour list.