Aeros firmware 3.2.x

I have already put up for sale Aeros and BeatBudddy, returning to the RC-10.
Everything turned out to be not as rosy as it seemed.

While the aeros and BeatBuddy combo have their faults, theyā€™re far and away more capable today than an RC-10. So that seems a little melodramatic.

RC-10r is a 2x1 or 1x2 only looper with 2000s-era UI, and considerably poorer sound quality. The drums sound weird, and have some strange musical choices hard coded in. Whatever features you feel are missing in Aeros, RC-10 definitely doesnā€™t supply them.

These are the videos that put me off it:

2 Likes

The Boss fixed all critical bugs very quickly, when I bought it in February 2020 everything was fine, then there were a few more updates. As for the sound and rhythmic patterns, I like them much more and everything is programmed there as well.
Itā€™s even funny about bad sound.
I paid three times more for a set of Beatbuddy and Aeros and would like to get more, but wherever you go, there are glitches and inconsistencies everywhere, and fixes only promise ā€¦

Same here, still waiting for the ability to loop handsfree, bought the whole package (Beatbuddy, Aeros and Midi Maestro) but bought the Rc-10 to get me thru gigsā€¦

Yep honestly, I donā€™t know with future loopers/drum-machines that may be released, but today, even if there are still unfixed problems with Aeros/BB, I doubt that moving to Boss-RC-whatever would be a win moveā€¦

I actually doubt that moving to anything else would be a win move (maybe headrush looperboard, if you do not look at the size, noise, heat, and for a similar price anywaysā€¦). That sounds much more like you are fed-up because things do not progress fast-enoughā€¦ And for that no-one here could probably disagree with you.
But, come-on, I bought my Aeros in Aprilā€¦ today it is a completely different device !
I really wonder where it could happenā€¦If you really sell everything, I would be very interested in the fact you keep a foot in this forum to provide us feedback on your journey to a different ecosystem. My feeling is youā€™d better find something that initially matches exactly your needs, because things wonā€™t incrementally evolve like they do with BB/Aeros firmware upgradesā€¦

I donā€™t need to go back, I can answer you right now - RC-10 is smaller, more convenient and does not deceive expectations - that is, that is, everything works as expected. The Boss is unlikely to add anything. What will be missing is the ability to connect to a parallel loop, like in Aeros.
The last straw was that Beatbuddy was sending garbage on the midi channel, they could fix it in six years.

Everybody has probably its own requirements, and if you are satisfied with RC-x features I would say go for it, as a matter of fact it will be much cheaper and take less space on your pedalboardā€¦

Matching your requirements is key here, and clearly for me RC-10r features do not match my expectations in so many areas, that even if what they provide is what they claim to provide (which is cool and from that SingularSound should definitely learn), it wonā€™t be enoughā€¦ and thatā€™s why I prefer to invest in something evolving, even if it is sometimes at the expense of fuzzier specs than Boss.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Sorry, but Iā€™m still have RC300 and really I donā€™t agree about Boss and Quick Fixed Bugs. Rc50 and RC300 still having problems about MIDI SYNC. That the reason I bought Infinity Looperā€¦ and Now I have Aeros, and when Aeros will make some similar things like Echoplex Feedback knobā€¦ Iā€™ll
definitely move to aeros for all.

Many companies release unfinished products, I bought Electron digiton, played enough and sold it without waiting (for two years) the promised overbridge.

There may be ways we could make this specific use-case work, but it is not a simple task in 6x6 to change the linear track recording method.

Youā€™re free to consider it so, but the fact that the Aeros never had lock tracks before precludes us from agreeing, this will not hold up the release, is what I mean.

The use case is noted however, we can understand the need for more versatility.

Feel free to open a issue and bug us on it :slight_smile:

Not to be that guy, but have you considered using something like Ableton? This is a looper in the end, there will be limitations, it is not meant to replace the experience of a full fledged DAW. That being said, we will be looking into expanding on the linear rec system, but that is not easy work and we may want to be at a stabler point before we start delving into something that could take months to achieve. We want to continue on our small updates path, this update took a little longer because we have also updated the OS on the Aeros, we have hopes this may improve the user experience hereafter.

If I could pick your brain, what exactly are you running into that isnā€™t working? Would be good to know, we love how you work!

ā€”
I canā€™t speak to the Aeros being perfect for every looping artist/enthusiast on the planet, every user has their specific ways of using loopers and has different expectations from there. I can say that I have never seen another looper quite like our product and I have all the faith in the world because since I have joined the company I have seen the growth since NAMM in which we sported v2.13.2, and the growth of stability and capability of the looper to v3.2.10 is astounding to me. Feels like a whole other product, and thatā€™s exactly what weā€™re promising, a looper that can grow to be your new favorite toy/tool/companion :wink:

Allā€™s fair in love, war, and looping :slight_smile: We can only hope to win you back eventually!

Lock tracks is a one of a kind mode, no looper can do all the Aeros can do, we hope to learn all we can from you guys to make it a useful and creative feature

Keep on with the feedback! Thanks all.

2 Likes

What is this issue?

First, youā€™re absolutely right, I clearly didnā€™t mean you should put the release on hold for that! What youā€™re doing is exactly what we struggled forā€¦ small incremental releases. I will definitely not complain.

You got me wrong there, I didnā€™t mean this was a regression for the Aerosā€¦ No, no, itā€™s a really cool feature. Can be improved but cool. What Iā€™ve name as a kind of ā€œregressionā€ was the fact that if I use the Aeros alone in 2x2, I have the possibility to start my loop with track 2, and then record the track 1 that I may want to lock (which is a workaround for the use case you mention). That is easy. So +1 for the release.
The point is that if now I use the Aeros along with a BeatBuddy, I cannot do that anymore. In that sense I said it was a ā€œregressionā€, but compared to using the Aeros alone, as it prevents to do something I could do without the BBā€¦ I agree it is neither a real regression nor specifically the scope of the release. It has just been emphasized by the release of this new locking track feature, as a need to change something to make the process globally more flexible. Does it translate into a change on how you handle internally the recording, or on how BB and Aeros communicateā€¦? Thatā€™s up to you :wink: to come with some clever solution. Iā€™m just showing the problem and expressing requirements.

Aah I see you start knowing me :laughing:

[EDIT]

@BrennanSingularSound Forgot to say that I totally agree with the huge improvement that has been made with the Aeros. Now, honestly it already really rocks. Yet you can count on us here to push much further :sweat_smile: ā€¦

1 Like

Another pretty major issue here. It prevents the ability to join a rhythm track that is already playing and start recording at the next cycle.

Steps to reproduce:

• New song with midi sync, end of loop settings, etc.
  • Start Beat Buddy and stop/cancel the record
  • Press Record

What Happens: Record starts before the BB loop gets to bar 1

What is Expected: Record starts when the BB gets to bar 1

Is this in 2x2 or 6x6, and youā€™re saying you cancel the recording with a double tap stop before it starts recording the very first track? When you hit the record again is it immediately/quickly after cancelling or any record commands after donā€™t work? The use case here is doing so by accident right? or was there something you were trying to achieve? Any info you can give me here is helpful!

I got mine back in January. Itā€™s a completely different beast, now, and Iā€™m glad I stuck it out. Track lock and long press override overdub in ROP mode, and I am all set (thatā€™s your monthly reminder, Brennan).

have you opened a ticket for the long press?

Also, this has lock tracks! Do you mean advanced lock tracks behavior?

1 Like

I will open a ticketā€¦ whereā€™s the right thread for that? Itā€™s not a bug, is it a feature request thread?

I havenā€™t used the lock tracks yet, because Iā€™m holding off until the OTA is ready, so yeah, Iā€™m already halfway to all set! Thanks!

2x2 mode. I think it may also be in 6x6, but not sure. Probably used the stop button twice. Not sure that matters.

No, the use case is to be able to have the rhythm playing, press record, and have the record start on the next cycle.

If you can develop the steps for the above use case to work, I can test it. I havenā€™t been able to find a workaround.

Hi everybody,

Though we didnā€™t find any major bugs in version 3.2.10, we decided to try to get one more feature in before publishing over the wifi as an official version. So I have updated the original post with a download link to version 3.2.11.

This mainly consist of improvements to the wifi download system and a new diagnostics test so we can figure out what the issues are when people have trouble with their wifi connection.

If no major issues are found with this version, it will go out over the wifi early to mid next week.

7 Likes

Firmware 3.2.12 has been published as an official version available for download over WIFI!

The only difference between 3.2.11 and 3.2.12 was a minor notification error fix during the update process.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

3 Likes