Hi there fellow Aerosnauts!
EDIT (Dec 13, 2020): Firmware version 3.2.12 has been published as an official non-beta version and is available to download over WIFI.
The full changelog is below. If anyone discovers any bugs/issues, please post about it (nicely) below
Make sure your Aeros is close to your WIFI router for a strong connection (using your phone’s hotspot feature as a wifi network and placing your phone near the Aeros works well)
If you have trouble downloading over WIFI , you can update with the SD card (note: the SD card must be between 4-32 GB in capacity): : Download this file , rename the downloaded file (currently named aeros-3.2.12.bin) to aeros.bin and then place it on an SD card and into your Aeros before turning it on.
IMPORTANT: Turn off your Aeros BEFORE putting in the SD card. Putting in the SD card while Aeros is on and then immediately turning it off can corrupt the firmware file.
To go back to the previous official firmware, use the same SD card update method to install the last official version 3.1.18
Firmware 3.2.12 Changlog
- Locked tracks: A locked track will continue to play even when a song part is changed. To lock a track: On the touchscreen, press the track clock circle. You will see a white square appear around the circle, indicating that the track is locked. Once tracks are recorded, you can lock tracks hands free by going to the mixer page, holding down the lower left button to change that button command to ‘lock’. We will add the capability to pre-lock tracks hands free before recording them in the next update.
- Locked track rules: In 2x2, you can only lock the top track. In 6x6 you can lock up to 5 tracks and you can only lock a track if the tracks before it are locked. You can only lock tracks before recording a second song part. If tracks are locked before recording them, you must record all locked tracks before changing song parts. You can only unlock a track if the tracks after it are not locked and you have not recorded a second song part.
- Pressing the last bottom track circle on the touchscreen opens the mixer page.
- Allow clearing the last part of a song by pressing the song part dot on the left side of the touchscreen when the looper is stopped.
- Fixed tempo rounding by using floating-point instead of integer
- Fixed tempo shift when MIDI start from BB is used
- Fixed pending recording on next part getting canceled when switching song parts with both BeatBuddy and MIDI Maestro
- Fixed double tap to mute if overdub layer undone
- Added user download test in Diagnostics screen
- Added error handling and Cancel button when downloading firmware from Wifi
- Lock user in Update page while downloading to prevent errors
- Operating System upgrade to improve WIFI connection stability