Aeros firmware 3.3.x

I have 1,000,002 feature requests:

(1-1,000,000) MIDI song select
(1,000,001) Use expression port with a footswitch to assign additional commands (is this even theoretically possible?)
(1,000,002) Reverse loops like on the Infinity

2 Likes

@Adamixoye we hear you (and everyone else) loud and clear – MIDI song select is high on our dev list.

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to plug a footswitch into the expression pedal port.

Reverse loops is on the dev list as well, though a bit further out.

5 Likes

Firmware 3.3.0 has been released as an official version over WIFI! I updated the original post above with the updated manual.

4 Likes

Headrush have a new firmware with endless looping times and auto-bpm detection. When do you plan to extend the 2:30 min recording? What about auto-bpm to make the aeros the midi Master of the setup? What about panoramics and rooting functions ? Thanks for you feadback.

1 Like

I just downloaded the 3.3.0 firmware. Great! Thank you so much! Now the songs are loading way much faster, this is great for live applications. Nice Christmas gift here! :slight_smile:

Again: Happy Holidays and Happy New Year 2021! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, thank you so much for vastly improving the song load times! Huge milestone!

I do have a few feedback items about the volume control. First, excellent first pass. I really hope that isn’t the end of it.

1. The snap feature isn’t snappy enough, I still miss the blue too easily
  2. The wheel is way too sensitive now, I have to roll the wheel about ten times to fade - this is worse than before
  3. I’m not able to select tracks by touching them in the volume screen without moving the fader to wherever my press landed
  4. I know it’s a bit of work to code, having a Settings slider for wheel sensitivity would be awesome - sensitive if I want to mix, coarse if I want to fade, and somewhere in the middle if I don’t really know yet

I’m really not able to fade in and out at all. That being said, I am really happy that you’ve very quickly taken up the snap to unity feature.

Reference: feature request - Volume wheel sensitivity and snap-to-unity

Happy Holidays, and all that.

1 Like

i’ve been using a chargetech.com 54K mAh 2 AC outlet portable lithium ion battery pack (about the size of a medium size hardcover book) to run a whole 100 watt off the grid setup - guitar, pedal board, 100 watt amp with no problem. i think it’s European compatible.
check it out

I stumbled across this bad one: Tracks are RUNNING OUT OF SYNC under these conditions:

Settings:

• 2x2 mode
  • Sync track = start & length
  • Quantize to measure = off
  • Change song part = end of measure

Workflow:

1. Activate Locktrack by hard buttons
  2. First record rhythm track A1, e.g. 1 bar
  3. Then add track A2, e.g. 2 or 4 bars
  4. Then change part and add track B2, MUST BE SHORTER (!) than A2, eg. 1 bar

Actions 3 and 4 clearly triggered in advance. If you cannot reproduce it I’ll send you a video.

I agree. It’s better than it was but not enough.

I had an issue with the first song I used after the upgrade. I think I reported a similar issue with prior upgrades as well.

The song is acting and displaying freeform on the stop screen. But on the song settings page, it is quantized.

I created a new song and the problem went away.

Message me and I can send a video.

Please don’t use use all-caps as it’s considered the Internet equivalent of shouting. Thank you for your consideration.

Love the speedy song load!!! I appreciate your persistence in upgrading the Aeros. Had to give up to other looper’s for this one (Pigtronix Infinity, and the Electro-Voice 95000). I’m beginning to think this was the right decision.

1 Like

When baking tracks will be enable??? please :slightly_smiling_face:

I am now the proud owner of the beat buddy with premium 2020 library the Aeros and the midi Maestrow.
at the age of 58 I am now a rock legend in my own mined with a full band consisting of ME and
All your brilliant products. in reality I’m just a ordinary family man who for the first time in my life can live the creative dream without being put down about my lack of ability.
at some point if the Aeros can store the BB information ie ( the tempo and song used information ) as my knees and eye sight aren’t what they use to be and scrabbling about on my knees to re set the BB is a time consuming pain. all so if you have created a song list it would be handy if as you open up the song list it dose not go back to the top of the list each time but continued from the last song plade.
hopefully one day I will create a nugh songs to prahaps do a charity gig or two in the future and it’s all down to you so that’s a big thumbs up.
Pat

1 Like

I hear you and hope SS improves this integration. Also another good reason for more hands free control and midi.

Fyi, once you record the first track, the Aeros saves and locks in the tempo and time signature … and displays it when stopped. In fact you can’t change it (unless you clear the song).

If the Aeros and BB don’t match, all sorts of bad things can happen … which hopefully SS starts to take seriously.

Thank you I did notice that. one problem that has just happened I had 10 songs in 6x6 mode all saved on a correctly formatted SD card and have been practicing with them ,they are all backed up on my mac vanished from the card ??? All gone re backed them up to the sed SD card but they are not loading onto the Aeros? The card is working As I recorded another song and saved it all workes but the 10 songs re put onto the card do not show :scream::scream::scream:

What do you mean gone? They don’t show up on the song list … or they don’t play (properly) when you load them? The latter could be due to the mismatch on the external midi clock. Pull the midi cable and see if it’s different.

What do you mean backed up? Did you accidentally move them instead of copy them?

One other thing to try. Restart the Aeros after inserting the SD card.

Sorry yes I copy them not move them.

One question about midi song select. I saw a video for the Midi Maestro where it has an “Aeros mode”, by which you can select songs using the midi out, connected to the midi in of the Aeros. Is this using special commands, or are there midi CC nums that we can use to select a song, start a new song, etc? There’s probably a reasonable explanation behind this, but I had to ask…

I messaged you separately, please be sure we are aware of your issue and are watching it closely!

Hey there,

You may have been mistaken, this is not a possible function of the Aeros by MIDI, there are howvere MIDI commands to open New blank songs. We do hope to implement the selection of saved songs via MIDI for the Aeros soon. Stay tuned!