Aeros firmware 3.4.x

The core issue is you have mixed up the notions of creating a song, adding it to the song list, editing the song settings, and saving the song.

Fix that and all these bandaid features become much less important

These are all things worth considering, thank you for your feedback!
I believe some of those have issues around on the forum, not 100% on that however may just be floating comments.

We do not have info to share on this topic but hopefully will soon, thanks

I just want to bring up a new beta with minor improvements will be out very soon, likely next week, developers are splitting work between this new approach to memory (following release) and these minor fixes (this release).

Thank you all for your feedback and patience!

5 Likes

Hoping MIDI expansion means PC command to select songs like the BeatBuddy. I would really like this feature so that I can integrate Aeros with BeatBuddy and OnSong.

1 Like

Well I hope a better MIDI expansion for song selection will come to both - BB and Aeros - in form of a an user assignable midi song number to each song. This is used by professionals.

At the moment users have to use a complicated set of midi commands / midi program change command to choose a song by number from a specific folder. Here the command points not to that specific song itself, but to the sequence number of the folder and sequence number of the song. The command is not connected directly to that specific song but only to the mere position. If anything changes the sequence of folders or the order inside a folder, the midi program change will trigger the wrong song. So there is no flexibility. You manually have to change the whole set of commands you already wrote to choose a song from the outside. This means as well a huge potential for errors for a live performance.
Midi song number is used by OnSong, SetListManager, BandHelper, NordPianos, Line6 devices as well as various synthesizers as a standard for song selection. This song selection command is preconfigured in countless devices and provides an easy way to choose the right song every time, regardless of a modified playlist, folder or song sequence in BBM and BB.

So my wish would not be the implementation of the screwed-up song selection how it is realized in BB, but a new a clean approach as a user assignable song number - which is the standard.

5 Likes

UPDATE: I have changed the download link in the original post to firmware 3.4.2 - this is a minor bugfix version. If no major bugs are discovered in it, it will go out over the wifi next week as an official version.

We have been making excellent progress on the recording time extension feature and hope to have that released soon as well.

5 Likes

Yay thanks… the “Volume wheel acceleration glitch” I reported is gone now it seems. I just tested on main volume wheel and inside the mixer and seems to be stable now! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just checked the “park” feature on both the home screen and the songs list screen and it works as it’s supposed to! Thanks @DavidPackouz

2 Likes

So cool !! :+1:

3 Likes

Having some strangeness in 3.42 that I just updated to. For some reason, loops are getting muted anywhere from 1 to 3 measures before the start point of the loop comes around. It doesn’t seem to happen on freeform loops. Everything in 6x6 mode. Anyone else get this weirdness?

Let me guess. You’re midi is connected and have changed the key signature or tempo since you recorded the loop?

1 Like

That will cause the problem

I here so many negatives about the looper but I have 0 issues and wait patiently for extended record time and once that is happening I am extremely satisfied. Such an awesome looper in 6x6 mode and well worth the money. Thanx David.

4 Likes

Yeah, the new features of being able to block the MIDI commands was what I was waiting for. All my testing so far has been good. :+1:

1 Like

I have had this strange behaviour but only once, and have been unable to reproduce again, but will keep testing. The midi timing etc had not changed.

1 Like

If you mean changed the tempo manually, no. It’s hooked up to a midi clock pedal, but I’ve never had this problem before. I just loaded the loop and started playing.

UPDATE: Firmware 3.4.2 is now a non-beta official version and is available for download over WIFI.

5 Likes

After WiFi download reaches 100% download, Aeros screen displays “Validating checksums”, and then error message states “Invalid firmware please retry.”

After second time, same thing.

Third time appears to have been the lucky charm.

I mean any change including changing a bb preset or other midi change.

Interesting, could you possibly do a wifi diagnostic check for me?

The steps are on page 34 and 35 of the manual! If you can just let me know if there are any error codes popping up when you do so, thanks!

I sure hope we get the midi implementation this month! My MC8 is waiting… :slight_smile:

3 Likes