Hi there fellow Aerosnauts!
Edit (Feb 25, 2021): The download link has been updated to Aeros Firmware 3.4.2! (Changelog below)
This is a beta release so you must update using the SD card method detailed below - if there are no critical bugs reported it will be published over wifi in about a week.
To try out this version, update your Aeros using an SD card (note: the SD card must be between 4-32 GB in capacity): : Download this file , rename the downloaded file (currently named aeros-3.4.2.bin) to aeros.bin and then place it on an SD card and into your Aeros before turning it on.
IMPORTANT: Turn off your Aeros BEFORE putting in the SD card. Putting in the SD card while Aeros is on and then immediately turning it off can corrupt the firmware file.
To go back to the previous official firmware, use the same SD card update method to install the last official version 3.3.0
The full changelog is below. If anyone discovers any bugs/issues, please post about it (nicely) below
Firmware 3.4.1 Changelog
- Add acceleration to the volume wheel to make large volume changes easier (moving volume wheel faster has a larger effect on volume changes)
- Factory reset added to bottom of settings page (Erases All Content and Settings)
- Don’t reset lock tracks settings when clearing a song of recordings. Allows starting same song over again faster
- Block all Midi commands except : CC34, 35, 36, 85 and 127 when outside Loop studio. Prevents unwanted playback when not in Loop Studio
- Leave Loop Studio with a long press on play/stop button (when song is empty)
- Tap touchscreen to select track in mixer without moving volume slider. This prevents unwanted volume changes when selecting a track. To move volume slider with the touchscreen, tap the slider a second time and drag it to the desired level
- Low memory warning
- Error handling when memory is full
- Upcoming tracks not showing in count-in
- Count-in UI labels
- Count-in with midi clock logic
- Overdub/rec drop delay not working at low bpm
- Some button presses are ignored
- Footswitch buttons event logic
- Volume wheel snaps to 0 dB for 800ms when going up
- Increase volume slider 0 dB snap range to ±3 dB
Firmware 3.4.2 Changelog
- UI not syncing when record is canceled
- Toggling of pending overdub while transitioning part
- Songs List screen is not filtering MIDI as expected
- Volume wheel acceleration glitch
What we’re working on next:
- Extending recording times
- MIDI capability expansion