Hi there fellow Aerosnauts!
Edit (August 18, 2021): A new Aeros firmware (4.0.0) has been released here.
Edit (May 3, 2021): Aeros Firmware 3.5.1 is now an official version and has been released for download over the WIFI. (Changelog below)
Make sure your Aeros is close to your WIFI router for a strong connection (using your phone’s hotspot feature as a wifi network and placing your phone near the Aeros works well). If you have trouble updating with the WIFI , update with the SD card (note: the SD card must be between 4-32 GB in capacity): Download this file , rename the downloaded file (currently named aeros-3.5.1.bin) to aeros.bin and then place it on an SD card and into your Aeros before turning it on.
IMPORTANT: Turn off your Aeros BEFORE putting in the SD card. Putting in the SD card while Aeros is on and then immediately turning it off can corrupt the firmware file.
To go back to the previous official firmware, use the same SD card update method to install the last official version 3.4.2
Firmware 3.5.1 Changelog
- Optimized memory usage of track recording. Now, up to 20 minutes of mono audio (10 minutes stereo) can be recorded in a track
- Improved visual waveform gain system for more consistent relative waveform display sizes
- Added a new notification when an update is available on server, check is done periodically when Aeros is not used
- Added a new setting “Cancel Recording” to allow user to undo recording while recording or overdubbing by pressing Play/Stop All button (recording and overdubbing will be undone). Very useful for when a mistake is made and you wish to redo the recording
- Song naming with mixed upper-case and lower-case issues. Songs can now only be named using Uppercase letters
- Change Part in loop forgiveness zone with locked tracks, tracks drop out
- Next Track record command sent “on the beat” (loop forgiveness) causing audio desync when using the BeatBuddy
- Previous version song files showing song part icons incorrectly
- Changed when undo is done while in quantized mode from end of measure to immediately. If necessary, adds silence to track to meet sync length rules
What we’re working on next:
- Additional Memory System Improvements
- MIDI capability expansion