How are you using Midi Maestro

If I understand correctly here, all you have to do is create a custom mode that has elements of both default mode commands using the MM app.

Here are all our currently supported MIDI commands!

1 Like

Yeah but I just bought the MM and all it does is control the BB when all three are connected. I have switched to the Aeros mode on the MM already and none of the commands work. Is this because it’s connected to the IN port of the BB cable?

BB is channel 1. My Aeros was channel 1 when I got it. Changed it to channel 3 and all my custom commands use 3 for Aeros and 1 for BB.

1 Like

Hey there, please make sure your Aeros is listening to the came channel (channel 1) as the MM is sending the commands

Also confirm that the MIDI cable going into the Aeros is working, please refer to this image for help with connection:

I grabbed this from our manual!

1 Like

Connection’s fine as all the BB commands go through, it’s just the AEROS that don’t. I was just under the impression they (all three) should work seamlessly off the box. So I guess I really have to create a custom mode wherein the BB commands will be ignored entirely and only the AEROS will go through…

I don’t think I understand, is you aeros on the latest firmware 3.4.2? Can you show me a video of what you are trying to do with Midi? The default Aeros mode works fine on my set-up.

1 Like

I will upload the video within the week. I have two other loopers (a Boomerang and a Ditto X4) connected to my setup so I’m not sure if that’s what’s causing this. Thanks for the prompt response though!

It may just be what you’re trying to accomplish, have you written to support@singularsound with your issue?

1 Like

My MM’s firmware’s not upgraded so I’ve written to them about that since the Bluetooth is not connecting. It pairs with my phone but never fully establishes a connection. Not sure if this is all connected.

All good now Brennan, I was able to work around it by using the MM to Aeros setup, but then plugging the BB out to MM in…I just wonder if it’s possible to use another MM by using the BB’s midi in…do you think it’ll work? So effectively, both MM default modes will be running on two separate MMs, while only connected to one BB and one Aeros.

1 Like

Yep that will work to solve your specific problem, just be sure to update the firmware of the MM using the app to v1.1.6, v1.1.5 does not pass clock through correctly.

1 Like

Hey Brennan, just a heads up in case you get someone else asking about a Boss looper. I finally figured out the right setup. You have to enter a Down command with a CC value of 127, and then an Up command with a CC value of 0 for every function.

For example:
Record/Play (I set mine to CC81)
Down
Command: 81
Value: 127
Up
Command: 81
Value: 0

The looper activates the command on 127. Without resetting to 0, it won’t initiate the command again. Not sure why it works that way, since I don’t think that was the intention of the MM programming. I’ve also tried to do a command string, with the two commands on just the downpress, but that doesn’t work. It only works with that down up combo. The combo can be reversed though, 0 on press and 127 on lift, but then the function doesn’t activate until the lift.

Excellent! Thank you!

Hi Jared I am trying to create a similar MM custom mode (change parts on BB and mute tracks on Aeros) but so far can only control the BB (set to channel 1 while Aeros is set to channel 3). Any words of wisdom?

in this set up (picture above from manual), where would i plug my yamaha bluetooth midi in and out so I can use Onsong to change songs (and parts, etc?) on the BB and Aeros? Thanks!

Hey there,

Just plug the BT device into the BeatBuddy and then the BB into the Aeros. There are still improvements needed to make the Aeros capable of using a song selection like the BB does, the best way to currently use Aeros with BB quickly from song to song is to create fresh songs on Aeros. We have understood this is not how some users play, and soon will have a solution that will work for both devices to also still work with OnSong users.

Thanks for the question!

Hi -
thanks for responding… I got the aeros and beat buddy a few days ago and am starting to feel more comfortable and getting some good results.

1. the wireless midi dongle requires a midi in and midi out, so if i plug that to the BB, I don’t know where/how to attach aeros to bb anymore?

2. having a song selection for Aeros is really crucial for live gigs (it really seems that to play multipart songs live, you have to have at least basic settings - and probably some of the instruments for some parts - saved ahead of time on Aeros… otherwise you spend too much time during the song building loops)… so, important to have a quick way to select those tracks. Doing every thing ‘fresh’ on a 3-4 hour gig is just not practical) I did order the Midi Maestro,… with that will i be able to at least advance through a set list for now?

I really had the impression that song selection was possible on aeros… seems like kind of a basic function? any other methods/tips in the meantime would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

I’m using one as a paper weight and the other one as a door stop. I’ve given up on using them for anything else because there’s no editor for iOS or Mac.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: MIDI Maestro Issues?

I was originally using the Midi Maestro with the BeatBuddy and Aeros, but I expect to sell both of those units as they appear to be mainly for live use, which I don’t plan to use them for. However the Midi Maestro is very useful for controlling Ableton Live and a Kemper. The android app seems to do mostly what I want, but I am eagerly awaiting the custom mode expression pedal functionality. That would basically complete what I would like it to do.

Its main use now is for remote record actuation with Ableton Live. I have it communicating through BLE with an XVive MD1 plugged into the midi interface of a Maschine MK3, and it works very reliably and consistently that way.

After using midi footpedals for decades (and even building and programming a couple), IMHO the Midi Maestro shows a lot of unrealized potential. For example it has one trick that is game changing for Kemper users; it appears you can access the Kemper internal looper with the MM as it has NRPN capability. Just about anything I can think of needing in a midi controller can be done with the MM, provided they get the expression pedal working in Custom mode. I was initially very frustrated with the MM, but after reading the manual and giving it some thought, if Singular Sound delivers with v2 of the MM firmware, it will be one of the most versatile and useful midi controllers available. IMHO it is worth a bit more patience.

1 Like