Aeros Firmware 4.0.x

Track 3 and 4 start a measure late when sending six unmutes

Please don’t double post, I replied to you on your issue

Sorry not sure why I was tagged on this but if you asking, you can remove the SD card when the Areos is on you just need to make sure that the song you have loaded (current song ) is not stored on the SD card it needs to be a song that is stored on the Aeros, if not when you pull the card it creates errors as it disrupts the connection I hope that makes sense…

How close are you to release the 4.1 firmware update ? as august 15 you were saying that you were in the final testing phase. I’d be pleased to beta test it as I am preparing for two shows next week and just can’t wait to see this update released. :slight_smile:

It is close, we will have more news soon

I don’t understand what the harm is in giving an approximate time of release. “Soon” is almost insulting to the people who have purchased this extremely limited yet very expensive toy looper. Mines currently on FB marketplace so I can get something functional. If the update drops before and is functioning correctly I may keep it. I give it a week. :man_shrugging:

I have felt this way many times. A year ago, while investigating the Aeros we were told Auto Q to first loop (or beat detection) is “on it’s way” and “stay tuned” and “more news soon.”

At this point a year later my money is gone and I never use the Aeros for performance or even study. It’s not fun to use as a quick jam tool either. I study and play blues/jazz/jamband music that is reliant on improvisation. I use actual drums and don’t use a beat buddy. Now I feel like the kid in Whiplash who is expected to know exactly what 178BPM is to quickly jump into an improvised loop (don’t thro chairs at me bro.) I could understand using a click track for a drummer to stay with the loops (but I am the drummer) and I don’t want to start my loops with a damn click track on a stage. I have all but given up. Ill still hold it in hopes for now but, I think a year is certainly long enough to wait considering how many updates have come and still no Auto Q.

By the way the Aeros is still to this day advertised as having Auto Q feature on it’s product description. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Auto Q is only one of the several basic functions missing. I thought that if I had a midi maestro it would open up the loopers potential and allow it to function on par with an rc300. Nope! MM is useless with this thing and pretty pricey to boot. Years after development and I still can’t trigger ROP from the midi maestro. It’s a $300 mute all switch! The app is broken as hell too so programming it for custom is a major pain.

2 Likes

edited: in response to your edit Jdd.

Agreed

These are complex digital products and we’ve found dates given to us by developers are best considered estimates and there is no point in giving shifting estimates to you all.

We are working constantly and you can see that there is still significant progress, we understand the Aeros is still missing key features, you are free to use a looper that does what you need it to, the Aeros is not for everyone… yet.

Thanks for the feedback

2 Likes

I understand the under promise and over deliver approach you’re going for but in this case the overpromise has already been done in the marketing that made us initially purchase the products. Several key selling points have yet to be implemented. I don’t see the harm in giving vague expectations to your customers as a show of good faith so they stat and don’t jump ship. Something like q4 of 2021 for increased midi functionality or q2 2022 for midi maestro iOS app overhaul. You’d be surprised by the enthusiasm and support even if the goal posts get moved. Vague generalities like “soon” are patronizing.

3 Likes

We understand this viewpoint but accept the risk, thanks for the feedback

Fair enough. Wish you guys the best of luck and I’ll kindly move on. If you know anyone who wants to buy a looper and midi maestro send them my way. They are fantastic paper weights!

You are entitled to your opinion, and I’m sure someone will make great use, contrary to the insinuation: both pedals are functioning and work for many users.

They are still improving, if that improvement is too slow for you, you are free to try a product that does what you need it to.

Thanks for the feedback!

3 Likes

Cool stuff but this is not the update i need.
Simply, select song with program change from my Helix, constant audio click out for the drummer.
Can’t be in midi slave mode from director keyboard player because Aeros is out of sync when hit start 50% of the time, the same thing happen when Aeros is slave from BB

Those thing are the basic function for a midi looper to work on stage

You may not be aware but the next release will also fix this issue

Thanks

Hi Brennan,

Any idea as to when 4.1 will be actually be released? It all sounds good. I’m looking forwarding to when I can use my Aeros in a midi environment.

Do not hold your breath

I’m so sorry! I missed this!

It’s out as a beta now

No need :slight_smile:

Just to post as a reply all, the beta for 4.1.x is up!!

1 Like