Aeros Firmware 4.1.x

Hi there fellow Aerosnauts!

Edit (December 15, 2021): Aeros Firmware 4.1.5 is now an official version and has been released for download over the WIFI. (Changelog below)

We have updated the Aeros Manual and the Aeros Manual - Printer Friendly Version (no background colors to use up your ink).

Aeros Firmware Version 4.1.5 Changelog

Bug Fixes:

• CC:113 values 1-6 now only select part and require CC113 value 0 to start the transition, this is the same logic as in previous versions to 4.0.2
  • Improved click and loop playback bug when opening the mixer and receiving external clock

Aeros Firmware Version 4.1.2 Changelog

• Major expansion of MIDI capabilities (See this document for details)
  • Improved synchronization system with BeatBuddy: The Aeros occasionally lost sync with the BeatBuddy’s count if it was stopped while the BeatBuddy continued playing, and then restarted. Aeros now continues to count incoming MIDI clock so it restarts at the begining of the measure and stays in sync.

Known Issues:

• If the BeatBuddy is set to send clock only when playing, it will not work correctly with the new Aeros logic as of 4.1.2. The Aeros will perform optimally when the BeatBuddy is set to always send clock. This is set in the BeatBuddy menu (Main Pedal > MIDI Settings > MIDI Out > Sync).

• If you manually change the BPM on the Aeros when editing an existing song (does not happen when creating a new song), the Aeros will not respond to the incoming BPM until that incoming BPM changes. For example, after manually setting the Aeros song to be 55 BPM (remember you can only change the BPM on the Aeros if you clear all recordings), it will ignore the incoming BPM from the external clock (let’s say 70 BPM) until the external clock begins to send a different tempo. If you come across this bug in another way, please forward the steps taken and/or a video to reproduce this so we can look into it and possibly fix it.

• MIDI song select is being filtered out in the home screen, you must first open a song to open more. This should be fixed in the following major feature release (4.2.x). Tip: Pressing the Play/Stop All button while in the home screen will reopen the last opened song.

What we’re working on next

• Fade out/in to and from stopped,
  • Fade out/in to and from a muted state
  • Reverse track playback

To try out this firmware, make sure your Aeros is close to your WIFI router for a strong connection before updating (using your phone’s hotspot feature as a wifi network and placing your phone near the Aeros works well). If you have trouble updating with the WIFI, update with the SD card (note: the SD card must be between 4-32 GB in capacity): Download this file , rename the downloaded file (currently named aeros-4.1.5.bin) to aeros.bin and then place it on an SD card and into your Aeros before turning it on.

IMPORTANT: Turn off your Aeros BEFORE putting in the SD card. Putting in the SD card while Aeros is on and then immediately turning it off can corrupt the firmware file.

If you see any bugs, please report it to us so we can fix it! Please send logs to support@singularsound.com along with a video and/or a description of the bug. To learn more about useful information you could give us to better help you, please read this post on bug reports.

To go back to the previous official firmware, use the same SD card update method to install the last official version 4.0.2

6 Likes

GREAT NEWS !
Thank you

1 Like

I updated to 4.1.2 via the sd card, all went well.

Then, when I restarted the Aeros, it detected a wifi update and I selected ‘Yes’ from the dialog. The file was downloaded, the Aeros restarted, and installed the 4.0.2 firmware.

It is unexpected that this would happen, so I’m posting to simply say one must activate the checkbox to forget that update permanantly (don’t recall the exact wording).

Of course it would be better if the wifi update did not automatically offer lower versions than currently installed, or at least included the version number of that update so the user can see that it’s not actuially new.

2 Likes

Hey there sorry you got tripped up by this

This is a beta, and while, yes, we could limit what is read by the wifi update system, in the end that time spent is better spent reminding users not to update via wifi when using unofficial versions.

We may improve this in the future but we are working on other things at this time.

If you’d like to follow your request you should submit a feature request!

Thanks for your feedback

2 Likes

Hello everyone.
You say you are working on the possibility of creating a “fade in” and a “fade out”. Will this command also act simultaneously on the BB if it is connected with midi? That would finally be great, and no more abrupt loop stop.!

What happened to Auto Quantize though? Wasn’t that supposed to be next? :confused:

3 Likes

Bug on firmware 4.1. I have updated successfully and I am really glad with the song selection capability… Finally ! Yeah !!! Really happy with this as it will be a lot more fun to use the Aeros in a live performance. Looks like I have lost something though. Now that I have updated to the latest firmware all song part changes happen immediately instead of end of measure as it is set up in the main setting page. CC113 with value 1,2,3,4,5 should allow to select the track and then with CC113 value O execute selected track. the latest firmware update no longer behave that way.

I didn’t understand how to open the songs list?

I am looking forward to the final release candidate of this firmware update and will wait until then rather than try the beta as there are already a couple of glitches being reported by others testing it. Good to see the continuing evolution. Long may it continue.

CC35
VALUE 0
This is not indicate in the new midi commands

You need to check this too:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/16cNt2v0RL5adPzcpQASpr0PcTM8iEyBzbF6eOaz3j1o/htmlview#

Would ask, in 6x6 mode, CC36 to scroll throught tracks and CC41 to RPO on that track?

Fade out/in coming at last! Oh, happy day! I have been waiting for this since Aeros was first announced. A must-have feature for me. I will finally be able to buy it. Thank you!

3 Likes

I updated to the beta version this a.m. Some of the midi commands are working, have not been thru them all. I can select a song using CC and PC commands. The update docs states that this will ‘fully open’ the song. I can only get it to select the song in the list, not open.

Did you assign the CC0 and Program Change values to the song in its edit window?

I sure did. the messages select the song in the list, but it does not open.

Okay, important distinction. The First song you must open. After the song is open and you select the next song it opens fully.

2 Likes

Ah! True. It only works when a song is already loaded.

Can we add a midi command to OPEN a song? Then I can send all midi messages to control the box.

1 Like

CC 36
VALUE 2
This command load the selected song

1 Like

Hello everyone. I just updated my Eros for the last time. I just detected a problem. the Pre-account before false registration. When I set it to where two bars, it starts randomly between 1 and 2 bars without sync with the tempo. I tested by disconnecting the midi cable which arrives from the Beat buddy, and that does not change anything. I reinstalled the previous version and I no longer have this problem.
Hope you understood my google translation because I’m French, and I don’t write English. Thank you.

1 Like