Hi there fellow Aerosnauts!
Edit (December 15, 2021): Aeros Firmware 4.1.5 is now an official version and has been released for download over the WIFI. (Changelog below)
Aeros Firmware Version 4.1.5 Changelog
- CC:113 values 1-6 now only select part and require CC113 value 0 to start the transition, this is the same logic as in previous versions to 4.0.2
- Improved click and loop playback bug when opening the mixer and receiving external clock
Aeros Firmware Version 4.1.2 Changelog
- Major expansion of MIDI capabilities (See this document for details)
- Improved synchronization system with BeatBuddy: The Aeros occasionally lost sync with the BeatBuddy’s count if it was stopped while the BeatBuddy continued playing, and then restarted. Aeros now continues to count incoming MIDI clock so it restarts at the begining of the measure and stays in sync.
If the BeatBuddy is set to send clock only when playing, it will not work correctly with the new Aeros logic as of 4.1.2. The Aeros will perform optimally when the BeatBuddy is set to always send clock. This is set in the BeatBuddy menu (Main Pedal > MIDI Settings > MIDI Out > Sync).
If you manually change the BPM on the Aeros when editing an existing song (does not happen when creating a new song), the Aeros will not respond to the incoming BPM until that incoming BPM changes. For example, after manually setting the Aeros song to be 55 BPM (remember you can only change the BPM on the Aeros if you clear all recordings), it will ignore the incoming BPM from the external clock (let’s say 70 BPM) until the external clock begins to send a different tempo. If you come across this bug in another way, please forward the steps taken and/or a video to reproduce this so we can look into it and possibly fix it.
MIDI song select is being filtered out in the home screen, you must first open a song to open more. This should be fixed in the following major feature release (4.2.x). Tip: Pressing the Play/Stop All button while in the home screen will reopen the last opened song.
What we’re working on next
- Fade out/in to and from stopped,
- Fade out/in to and from a muted state
- Reverse track playback
To try out this firmware, make sure your Aeros is close to your WIFI router for a strong connection before updating (using your phone’s hotspot feature as a wifi network and placing your phone near the Aeros works well). If you have trouble updating with the WIFI, update with the SD card (note: the SD card must be between 4-32 GB in capacity): Download this file , rename the downloaded file (currently named aeros-4.1.5.bin) to aeros.bin and then place it on an SD card and into your Aeros before turning it on.
IMPORTANT: Turn off your Aeros BEFORE putting in the SD card. Putting in the SD card while Aeros is on and then immediately turning it off can corrupt the firmware file.
If you see any bugs, please report it to us so we can fix it! Please send logs to email@example.com along with a video and/or a description of the bug. To learn more about useful information you could give us to better help you, please read this post on bug reports.
To go back to the previous official firmware, use the same SD card update method to install the last official version 4.0.2