Aeros MIDI Commands

Hi - trying to add the new CC42 value 0 for deleting all tracks on current aeros song onto my custom mode on the MM. I follow the manual on how to add the command in the app, but I cannot put in the midi channel… no numbers will type in that field… they work fine for other fields in the command?

(I should be able to do this via ipad, right? I cant get the app on my phone to connect and it doesn’t show my custom mode. the app from ipad does update the button text, so i think it’s working and I think that’s what i used to set up the current custom mode.)

in case it matters, I edited an existing button that had a redirect on it before (to 2x2 commands).

i have the command set up as:

device = aeros looper
description = delete trks 42
type = control change
channel (CANT ENTER A NUMBER HERE)
command = 42
value = 0

any suggestions?

I am not seeing this on the latest release 1.4.2, are you all up to date?

No, this is not tested for iPad, we hope to support iPads after we have full support on phones for v2.0.

Please reach out to support@singularsound.com for more assistance here.

Let me know if they have any feedback on what may be happening!

Thanks for reporting

MIDI expansion 1 is out as a beta, this has MIDI song select and new commands available

Great that the update is out. How does Midi Song work? Couldn’t find guidance on the midi list in the post.

Good point! I edited the post with the following:

Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks! I’ll give it a try.

In August, Nvr2fst asked about the ability to mimmick the Aeros buttons/switches with MM, here.

Brennan answered that this would be available in 4.1.x, here.

I am looking through the new midi implementation in 4.1.2 but it doesn’t look like this is possible yet.

Start/Stop has been improved (CC:43). We can freely select Parts (CC:113). However, it doesn’t appear that we can select Tracks via midi nor can we duplicate the bottom right button (overdub/record).

Am I correct on this or am I missing something?

You can duplicate the buttons on the MM.
You can set these in the app.
The only thing different is the undo which will be a separate button you set up for it.

Sort of correct,

We did not create a full emulation of all buttons (including hold and double tap behaviors) but we did make simple emulations of the RPO buttons and also the next part behavior.

There is a missing behavior that would be useful in 6x6: a simple Select Next Track MIDI command that behaves like pressing the Next Track button in 6x6. This will likely be available in 4.2.x (the next release after this)

We do not have more explicit record/overdub/play commands yet but we hope to expand on the ability eventually.

You can select the next track and immediately record to it by using CC41 value 0

CC41 value 0 | Record New Track: Begins or sets up a recording on the next available empty track, if no tracks are left to record to in a part, it will be ignored. In 6x6, if a new part is selected, this command will start or set up a recording in the new part. If recording to the last track in a part, sending this command will commit the current recording. If there is an undone track and all other tracks are recorded to, this command will record to the next available undone track in order. |

Question about the song select between beatbuddy and Aeros

I understand the msb message to send on each device , but do I have to set the same midi channel or different one , I suppose a different otherwise the song select might affect each other ?
In that case will the midi clock still work between the Aeros and the beatbuddy ?
Thanks

Hi,

I’m a very beginner with midi + english is not my mother language so I’m sorry if the answer is already somewhere on this forum but I definitely couldn’t find it. Sorry if I’m not posting at the correct place.
I’m lost.

My set is composed of several instruments including drums. All via a mixer. I wanna be able to launch rec (and then stop rec) on the looper via an external device (hit bass drum right foot and hit a pad right hand to start recording, all together on the one/first time of my song).

I’m prensently using an old Roland pc200 for tests before buying a dedicated multipad as a controller.
Understood value cc41 is what I need to launch rec from the keyboard/controller.
But clearly how a newby like me is supposed to configurate that bloody keyboard? I can’t find any tutorial nor clue anywhere.
Is it even possible?

Thanks.

Noone ?

Also, is the manual up to date ?

Hello, unfortunately, I do not know anything about that specific product, I would suggest google or other music forums.

The basic idea is to send commands on the same MIDI channel that the Aeros responds to from the controller.

Yes the 4.1.2 manual is up to date, you can also find the MIDI commands here.

Best of luck!

A post was split to a new topic: Use of MIDI Maestro to control Aeros

Hi, Is there a mid command to reverse a track from a midi controller?
Thanks

CC 46 Value 0 for selected track
or
CC 46 Value 1-6 for the track you want

1 Like

+1 for this. I’d love to hook up a Midi Controller with 6 faders to manipulate track volumes on the fly without bending over and using the touchscreen. Sounds like that’s potentially on the cards?

Definitely in the cards, stay tuned!

2 Likes

I’m trying to find some way to not need to use a Boss RC-505 (which is way too big, complex, and cheap) for desktop live performance—MIDI control over the mixer would allow me to do this, and I suspect many others are looking for this

2 Likes

New beta!

Aeros Firmware 5.1.x - Aeros Loop Studio / Docs and Downloads - Singular Sound Forum

Latest MIDI expansion :slight_smile:

Includes Mixer control via MIDI and much more!